THEURBANDAILY.com GET JAY-Z CONCERT TICKETS Giveaway
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The THEURBANDAILY.com GET JAY-Z CONCERT TICKETS sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin at 6:00 PM on Friday, February 19, 2010 and end at 6pm PST on Monday, February 22, 2010(“Contest Period”). One (1) winner will be awarded two (2) tickets to a performance of Jay-Z’s Blueprint 3 Concert Tour in Dallas, Texas at the American Airlines Center on Tuesday, February 23, 2009.
HOW TO ENTER:
Legal residents of the U.S. who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and are members of BlackPlanet.com who reside in the Dallas, Texas metropolitan area will be able to take part in this Sweepstakes. To enter this Sweepstakes, participants must do the following:
- Go to THEURBANDAILY.com and comment on the designated article of the day.
- Entrants must be registered members of BlackPlanet.com to submit their comments at THEURBANDAILY.com. Membership is free. To join, go to BlackPlanet.com and submit the requested information.
- Upon entering the Sweepstakes website, participants with a valid email address are to follow the on-screen instructions. Once a member becomes a winner, they will be contacted to confirm, their name, address, phone number, email address, and additional contact information in order to be notified of the pick-up directions for the tickets. Tickets will be available at the venue will-call window.
- All Internet entries/comments must be received by 5:59 PM PST on FEBRUARY 22, 2010 or they will be void.
- One entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
- The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents of the Dallas, Texas metropolitan area who are registered members of BlackPlanet.com, and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of sweepstakes registration.
- Employees of Radio One, Inc., Community Connect, Inc. or Interactive One, LLC (together “Company”), its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Sweepstakes.
- Persons who have won a prize in another sweepstakes or promotion of any kind from Company within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate.
- Entrants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Prize package will include the following:
Two (2) admission passes to see a performance of Jay-Z’s Blueprint 3 Concert Tour in Dallas, TX at the American Airlines Center on Tuesday February 23, 2010.
Only ONE (1) prize package will be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period.
- If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Company management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Sweepstakes winners may be required to sign and date official Company release and waiver forms upon request. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
5. Company will award the prizes only upon winner verification and final approval. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have twenty-four (24) hours to respond with their information. Company will then make prize available for pick-up by winner, or other prize distribution arrangements within Company’s discretion. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be timely contacted after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by Company, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
6. Company is not responsible for any expenses associated with winner’s receipt of the prize not specifically provided herein, including travel expenses, meals and any other incidental expenses.
- During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Sweepstakes by commenting online at THEURBANDAILY.com. After completing their comments regarding a designated article posted on THEURBANDAILY.com, entrants will be qualified for a chance to win the prize.
- The grand prize drawing will take place on Monday February 22, 2010 following the expiration of the Contest Period. ONE (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
- The winner will be notified by email. Company will then make prize available for pick-up by winner at the American Airlines Center, or other prize distribution arrangements within Company’s discretion
- All decisions made by Company management regarding any aspect of this Sweepstakes are final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar 2010 for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Sweepstakes Period.
- By participating in the Sweepstakes, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Company retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all sweepstakes rules are not followed.
- All Sweepstakes winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold Company, any other Sweepstakes parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Sweepstakes participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Company has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the Sweepstakes shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
- Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion,. In addition, Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, postage due, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete sweepstakes entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
- If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the promotion is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified sweepstakes entries, or any other causes beyond Company’s control which, in the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Company reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at its sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- To receive the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to: THEURBANDAILY GIVEAWAYS, c/o INTERACTIVE ONE, LLC 205 HUDSON ST. 6th Floor, NY, NY 10013 ATTN: GET JAY-Z CONCERT TICKETS CO-ORDINATOR