In our latest installment of “25 Artists That Need To Be Heard”, rapper Akilah Brock shares a valuable lesson that a chance encounter with Jay-Z afforded her early in her career. The Jamaica-born femcee is currently touring in promotion of her CD TestiMoney, but it’s an awkward moment when she was interning for a hip-hop magazine that guides her steps now. Watch the clip to hear her tell her story. Follow her on Twitter: Akilah Brock (@AkilahBrock) on Twitter
- Which Jay Z Album Are You?
- Whoopi Goldberg, Kate Hudson, & More Read Kanye West’s Most Dramatic Tweets
- Fetty Wap Inspires Young Fan To Be His True Self
- Remembering Nina Simone: 5 Moments That Stole Our Hearts
- Forbes Releases 2016 List Of The Richest People In The World
- Kobe Bryant’s Biggest MVP Moments, On And Off The Court