In our latest installment of “25 Artists That Need To Be Heard”, rapper Akilah Brock shares a valuable lesson that a chance encounter with Jay-Z afforded her early in her career. The Jamaica-born femcee is currently touring in promotion of her CD TestiMoney, but it’s an awkward moment when she was interning for a hip-hop magazine that guides her steps now. Watch the clip to hear her tell her story. Follow her on Twitter: Akilah Brock (@AkilahBrock) on Twitter
- Follow TheUrbanDaily On Facebook!
- 29 Times The Simpsons Totally Nailed Black Celebs
- 7 Times Lupe Fiasco Blew Our Minds On His Album
- TMZ Reports Lil Wayne Will Sue Birdman For $8 Million
- Rihanna Releases ‘FourFiveSeconds’ With Kanye West & Paul McCartney
- 50 Years Later: The March On Selma
- Don't Miss The 46th NAACP Image Awards!