According to Vlad TV Russell Simmons, Steve Rifkind, and film and TV producer Brian Robbins have linked with Universal Music Group and YouTube to launch a new label called All Def Music.
“How Russell built Def Jam and how I built Loud was through the streets and through grass-roots marketing. Cut to 20 years later, we’re applying this same formula, this same blueprint, using YouTube as our street team, using YouTube as our A&R source, using YouTube as our branding machine.” I wake up at 4:30 or 5 in the morning, ready to work. I haven’t been this excited [in years].”
Lucian Grainge, Universal Chairman and Chief Executive, wrote in an email,
“The goal of the new label is to bring together music industry vets with the latest in media and technology. It is truly a thrill to be able to welcome Russell back to our family. As one of the founders of Def Jam with Rick Rubin (whose American Recordings is a part of Republic Records), Russell and Rick created an iconic brand that forms part of the foundation of [Universal Music Group] and a label that has had a profound impact on popular culture. I can’t say enough about how highly we think of Russell both professionally his vision and entrepreneurial talents are legendary and personally. He is a rare treasure and with Brian’s track record on the content side and Steve’s on the business side, they make a formidable team.”
It will be interesting to see how this all pans out! We’ll be waiting will you?
“Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” Takes Over NYC [PHOTOS]
1. Lil Scrappy and K Michelle (The 135th Street Agency)1 of 15
2. Stevie J and Joseline at NYC press event (The 135th Street Agency)2 of 15
3. Stevie J (The 135th Street Agency)3 of 15
4. Joseline in NYC (The 135th Street Agency)4 of 15
5. Joseline and K Michelle (The 135th Street Agency)5 of 15
6. Joseline and Stevie J (The 135th Street Agency)6 of 15
7. Lil Scrappy (The 135th Street Agency)7 of 15
8. Stevie J (The 135th Street Agency)8 of 15
9. Joseline (The 135th Street Agency)9 of 15
10. K Michelle and Lil Scrappy (The 135th Street Agency)10 of 15
11. Joseline sitting quietly (The 135th Street Agency)11 of 15
12. Stevie J and K Michelle (The 135th Street Agency)12 of 15
13. Scrappy enjoying the drinks (The 135th Street Agency)13 of 15
14. Joseline and K Michelle with Love & Hip Hop Atlanta executive producer Mona Scott Young (The 135th Street Agency)14 of 15
15. Lil Scrappy (The 135th Street Agency)15 of 15
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!