Things for NBA player Royce White aren’t going very well. On top of his well-chronicled mental health problems, he’s being investigated for beating up his now ex-girlfriend.
According to reports, White’s ex-girlfriend Tania Mehra, who is a Maxim model, filed a police report on August 30th detailing an altercation that took place at the Houston Rocket’s Texas mansion back in June. Police reports show there was a call to 911 on June 22nd to report an injury to Tania’s face. She suffered a deep cut over her eye. at the time, she told police that it was due to falling by accident. However, Mehra is now saying she initially lied to law enforcement because she didn’t want White’s career to suffer if the public knew the truth.
Police say Tania Mehra told them what really happened was Royce White attacked her after they got into an argument because he was making sexual advances toward Mehra’s friend. Police currently are investigating the new allegations and as of now no charges have been filed against Royce White. Tania also claims Royce threw a candleholder at her during the altercation. He missed her when he threw the candleholder and it smashed a mirror.
Royce White has yet to respond to the allegations.
READ MORE HOT SPORTS GOSSIP ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Professional Sports Hall of Shame
1. 1. O.J. Simpson (retired NFL): robbery and Kidnapping. Currently serving nine to 33 years. (Photo: AP)1 of 17
2. 2. Rae Carruth (NFL) was sentenced to 18 yrs. for his role in the shooting death of his pregnant girlfriend.2 of 17
3. 3. Plaxico Burress (NFL): criminal possession of a weapon. He took a plea deal and was released in June of 2011. (Photo: AP)3 of 17
4. 4. Dwayne Goodrich (NFL): criminal negligent homicide; hit & run. Sentenced to 12 1/2 years. (Photo: AP)4 of 17
5. 5. Michael Vick (NFL): conspiracy related to dog fighting. Served 23 months in prison. (Photo: AP)5 of 17
6. 6. Terry ‘Tank’ Johnson (NFL): probation violation/weapons possession. Served 60 of 120 day sentence. (Photo: AP)6 of 17
7. 7. Donte Stallworth (NFL): DUI manslaughter. Sentenced to 30 days incarceration and 2 years house arrest. (Photo: AP)7 of 17
8. 8. Darryl Henly (NFL) was sentenced to 41 yrs. for drug trafficking and conspiracy to commit murder. (Photo: AP)8 of 17
9. 9. Pete Rose (Retired/MLB): tax evation. Sentenced to five months and permanently banned from the sport. (Photo: AP)9 of 17
10. 10. Darryl Strawberry (retired MLB): drug possession, solicitation of prostitution. Sentenced to 18 months. (Photo: AP)10 of 17
11. 11. Jayson Williams (NBA): convicted in the fatal shooting of his limo driver. Took a plea and was sentenced to five years. AP11 of 17
12. 12. Tom Payne (NBA): rape (multiple convictions) various sentences but most recently sentenced to 15 years. (Photo: AP)12 of 17
13. 13. Mike Tyson (Boxing): sentenced to six years for rape (served three) and sentenced to one year for road rage (served 9 mos.)13 of 17
14. 14. Tonya Harding (Figure Skating): Nancy Kerrigan attack. Three yrs Probabation, $100,000 fine and 500 hrs. community service.14 of 17
15. 15. Marion Jones (Track & Field): obstruction of justice and perjury. Sentenced to 6 mos. and 200 hrs. community service.15 of 17
16. 16. Mike Danton (NHL): attempted conspiracy to commit murder. Sentenced to 7 1/2 years.16 of 17
17. 17. Chad Ochocinco / Chad Johnson was arrested over the weekend for head-butting his new bride. (Photo: AP)17 of 17