Singer/reality star K. Michelle is used to being the one throwing punches. Well, now the IRS is hitting K. Michelle with a hard hit to her wallet. K. Michelle was recently notified that a $52,000 tax lien was filed against her.
The government filed a tax lien against K. Michelle claiming she didn’t have enough money in 2008 and 2009 to pay her taxes. In 2008, K. Michelle neglected to pay Uncle Sam $47, 710.46. In 2009, K. Michelle is accused of shorting the government $4,704.63. 2008 was a great year for K. Michelle because that’s the year she signed with Jive Records and released a few singles–one most notably that featured Missy Elliott. However, as K. Michelle has explained time and time again, her relationship went sour with the label and she was shelved.
Things were bad for K. Michelle the few years following the Jive Records deal. She didn’t really hit it big again until she appeared on “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta” in 2012.
READ MORE HOT GOSSIP ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
IRS Hit List of Celebrity Tax Evaders
1. 1. Kelly Rowland is in a dilemma with the IRS. Rowland owes $100K to the tax man.1 of 18
2. 2. Naomi Campbell owes $63K IRS debt2 of 18
3. 3. Grace Jones currently owes the IRS $64K. (Photo: Retna)3 of 18
4. 4. Toni Braxton filed for Chapter 7 debtor protection in 2010 and owes the IRS $4004 of 18
5. 5. The IRS placed a $1.1 million tax lien against Lil Wayne. (Photo: AP)5 of 18
6. 7. Wyclef Jean owes the IRS $2.1 million. (AP)6 of 18
7. 8. Chris Tucker, according to the IRS owes $11.5 million in delinquent taxes. (AP)7 of 18
8. 9. Swizz Beatz brought with him to his marriage to Alicia Keys, a $2.4 M tax debt..8 of 18
9. 10. The IRS filed a lien against Snoop in 2009 and 2010. He owes around $598,000.9 of 18
10. 11. Convicted Actor Snipes is probably the most talked about IRS celebrity debtors.10 of 18
11. 12. Xzibit owes around $1 million to the IRS.11 of 18
12. 13. Terrence Howard reportedly owes around $1.1 million to the IRS.12 of 18
13. 14. Prince owes approximately $450,000 in Minnesota state taxes. AP13 of 18
14. 15. Young Buck owed $300K and has sinced worked out a payment plan.14 of 18
15. 16. Lil’ Kim owes more than $1 million in state and federal taxes.15 of 18
16. 17. Nas owes more than $ 6 million in back taxes from previous years.16 of 18
17. 18. Kelis joins an elite group on the IRS Hitlist. She owes over $300,000 in back taxes for the years 2004 and 2010.(PR photos)17 of 18
18. 19. Lauryn Hill plead guilty for failing to file tax returns on more than $1.5 million earned from 2005-2007. (PR Photos)18 of 18