As we’ve previously reported, King Tech, Sway and DJ Revolution have been dropping phenomenal videos of emerging artists over the last few weeks and this week is no exception! The World Famous Wake Up Show recently created a Hip Hop experience like none other. They took Grammy Award Winning musicians who had never played together before and paired them with emerging Hip Hop artists. The result was a day of Hip Hop genius. They are finally rolling out the videos from that amazing day!
First up to bat is a trio that have been dubbed the “Beastie Boys Of The New Millennium” and not for nothin! The Bodega Brovas are complete energy on stage and on wax and they show in every performance why they deserve to be some of the next to blow. Their act is pure polish and they are some of the last showman in the genera. The Brovas are clever, lyrical and able to fill the void that has been missing with Hip Hop groups for quite a while now. Take a look at what we mean in the video below!
We finish with an emcee straight out of Harlem who the room waited with baited breath for all day! Mitch Littlez (the “Dominican Duke”) knew from the sound check on that he had something to offer every single person in the room that day. And from the sound check on everyone in the room knew it too! He is as lyrical as he is clever and twice as dope with the flow. Mitch easily grabbed the rooms attention with the abundance of energy that surrounded his performance. He’s cagey and calculated with the punchlines and you know by the look in his eyes when he’s about to attack the verse! But don’t just take our word for it…see the dopeness that Mitch Littlez dropped that day for yourself below!
Well there you go! Two very different and very dope performances! Through the coming weeks there will be even more of them so stay tuned!
Check out www.wakeupshow.com for new updates on both the “Wake Up Show Unplugged” project and to keep up with Tech, Sway and Rev about what’s going on with their show on Sirius XM/ Shade 45! You can also follow them on Twitter at @wakeupshow. Don’t forget to tune in Monday nights, Shade 45 on Sirius XM at 8 PM ET/ 5 PM PT!
21 Rappers Who Went To College
1. 2 Chainz, University of Alabama StateSource:Getty Images 1 of 21
2. Cam'ron, Texas JUCOSource:Getty Images 2 of 21
3. Chuck D, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty Images 3 of 21
4. Common, Florida A&M UniversitySource:Getty Images 4 of 21
5. David Banner, Southern University5 of 21
6. Flavor Flav, Adelphi University6 of 21
7. J. Cole, St. John's University7 of 21
8. Kanye West, Chicago State University8 of 21
9. Lil Romeo, University of Southern California9 of 21
10. Lil Wayne, University of Houston10 of 21
11. Ludacris, Georgia State University11 of 21
12. Master P, University of Houston12 of 21
13. M.I.A, Central Saint Martin's College of Art + Design13 of 21
14. Diddy, Howard University14 of 21
15. Paul Wall, University of Houston15 of 21
16. Plies, University of Central Florida16 of 21
17. Rah Digga, New Jersey Institute of Technology17 of 21
18. Rick Ross, Albany State University18 of 21
19. Stalley, University of Michigan19 of 21
20. Talib Kweli, New York University20 of 21
21. Wale, Bowie State21 of 21
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!