According to MTV News little girls all over the world are feeling sad and it’s all because it’s being reported that J. Cole and his college sweetheart have Melissa Heholt decided to make a go of it as husband and wife! Even their old school St. John’s tweeted a congratulations statement to him and his girl over their alleged engagement.
The only thing is…no one from the Cole camp…not even Mr. Cole himself has confirmed the news!
So if he didn’t actually propose…can you even imagine all the side eyes both of them will be getting this holiday season? They will be feeling the pressure from all sides…family and friends are brutal over that kind of thing during the holidays!
So if it is true we say congrats to the happy couple! If it isn’t true though we say…take some really good side dishes to any holiday meals you might be attending in the next few weeks! A spiral honey ham or really soft rolls might do the trick! Ohh and offer to do dishes as soon as you walk in! That works for us sometimes!
Either way….good luck y’all!
21 Rappers Who Went To College
1. 2 Chainz, University of Alabama StateSource:Getty Images 1 of 21
2. Cam'ron, Texas JUCOSource:Getty Images 2 of 21
3. Chuck D, Adelphi UniversitySource:Getty Images 3 of 21
4. Common, Florida A&M UniversitySource:Getty Images 4 of 21
5. David Banner, Southern University5 of 21
6. Flavor Flav, Adelphi University6 of 21
7. J. Cole, St. John's University7 of 21
8. Kanye West, Chicago State University8 of 21
9. Lil Romeo, University of Southern California9 of 21
10. Lil Wayne, University of Houston10 of 21
11. Ludacris, Georgia State University11 of 21
12. Master P, University of Houston12 of 21
13. M.I.A, Central Saint Martin's College of Art + Design13 of 21
14. Diddy, Howard University14 of 21
15. Paul Wall, University of Houston15 of 21
16. Plies, University of Central Florida16 of 21
17. Rah Digga, New Jersey Institute of Technology17 of 21
18. Rick Ross, Albany State University18 of 21
19. Stalley, University of Michigan19 of 21
20. Talib Kweli, New York University20 of 21
21. Wale, Bowie State21 of 21
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
may be crying previous interviews, never revealing too many personal details, but this week reports are claiming that Cole might’ve made it official with his girl.
This week several outlets, including MediaTakeOut, continue to report that the North Carolina rapper popped the question to Heholt, who he began dating as a sophomore at St. John’s University in Queens. The official Twitter account of Cole’s alma mater, tweeted a message which read, “Congrats to @JColeNC on his engagement to his @StJohnsU college sweetheart #SJU #ColeWorld.”
The rapper himself has not confirmed the news, but MTV News has reached out to his reps for comment.
If the news is indeed true, J. Cole will be the latest in a slew of young rappers who have decided to lock down their leading ladies. Wiz Khalifa announced his engagement to Amber Rose in March 2012 and the two have since tied the knot, while Big Sean recently proposed to his girlfriend, “Glee” star Naya Rivera after going public with their relationship back in the spring.
On his sophomore album, Born Sinner, which dropped back in June, J. Cole addresses the struggles of being in a long-term relationship while navigating the temptations thrown his way as he navigates the music industry. But it looks like might’ve made some good decisions.