In most instances that we’ve seen Sherri Shepherd she has come across as the type of person you would want to have as one of your BFF’s. She just seems like the type of chick who would have your back in a bad set of circumstances. Well…after what we are hearing is going on with her right now…we sure hope she has a few of those type of friends in her own arsenal because it sounds like she is preparing to do battle with not just one ex-husband…but TWO!
Take a look at the first part of the story below!
That’s bad right? Shepherd filed her own papers regarding the uncoupling of her marriage to Lamar Sally and please know she is not for the foolishness he is trying to dish out as it pertains to him attempting to take their unborn child away from her.
According to ET, in the court documents filed May 6, 2014, Shepherd petitioned the court to dissolve the couple’s two-year marriage due to “irreconcilable differences.”
Included in the papers is an exhibit citing a prenuptial agreement apparently signed between the two on August 8, 2011. In the agreement, there is a clause providing for Sally, a TV writer, to get a onetime payment of $60,000.
Shepherd is reportedly worth at least $10 million, with an annual salary from The View reported to be $1.5 million.
But, but, but wait it gets worse!
According to docs recently obtained by TMZ, Jeff Tarpley Sherri’s first ex-husband filed an emergency request last month prior to her split with Sally, to modify the couple’s current custody arrangement … specifically, Tarpley wants full physical custody of their son, Jeffrey Jr.
TMZ reports that Tarpley claims Sherri’s non-stop work schedule ie “The View,” and “The Newlywed Game” along with various TV acting roles, book tours and films has caused her to neglect their son completely.
Jeffrey alleges that Sherri regularly leaves their son with “unskilled nannies” … as a result, he’s falling way behind in school, suffers from low self-esteem, and has to use Velcro shoes because he can’t tie laces.
It doesn’t end there … Jeffrey says Sherri also hasn’t taught their son how to properly care for himself, so hygiene has become an issue.
TMZ says Jeffrey claims he desperately wants to help, but his hands are tied because he lives in California and Sherri lives with their son in Jersey. He says he has no time during his short visits to undo all of Sherri’s bad parenting … so he wants Jeffrey Jr. with him full time.
Sherri filed her own docs in response, claiming Jeffrey’s an absentee dad who deserves no part in his son’s life. The judge denied Jeffrey’s emergency request, but set a hearing in July to settle the beef.
Interesting to note that sources told Radar Online last week that Sherri wasn’t happy with Lamar not working and that she wanted him to get a job. The sources claimed that while Lamar was in fact good with Sherri’s son that she didn’t want a manny she wanted a man! She didn’t want him chillin at home while she was working a million jobs.
Lamar told reporters that he was a good father figure for young Jeffery and that he misses him a lot. Hmmm if Lamar is so good with little Jeffery then what is all this chatter coming from Jeffery’s biological father?
Conspiracy theorists would say the two soon to be ex-husbands are working together to screw Sherri over really bad! We won’t go there just yet..but we’ll say this much…stranger things have happened!
Hang tough Sherri!
Cheaper To Keep ‘Em – Expensive Divorces
1. 1. Michael & Juanita Jordan: Juanita collected $168 million1 of 11
2. 2. Tiger and Elin Woods: Elin was awarded between $100 million and $110 million.2 of 11
3. 3. Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons: Kimora gets $40,000 a month in child support.3 of 11
4. 4. Shaquille & Shaunie O’Neal: Shaq pays at least $20,000 monthly.4 of 11
5. 5. Nas & Kelis: Nas pays $51,000 for child support monthly.5 of 11
6. 6. The Dream and Christina Milian: The Dream was ordered to pay a one time $4m & $5000 per month.6 of 11
7. 7. Janet Jackson and Rene Elinzondo: Janet paid Elinzondo $15M after two years of court.7 of 11
8. 8. Eddie and Nicole Murphy: Nicole got around $15 million.8 of 11
9. 9. Lionel and Diane Ritchie: Diane winded up with around $20 M9 of 11
10. 10. Jen Lopen & Marc Anthony: Not settled yet, but J Lo is worth $150M and Marc $40M10 of 11
11. 11. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver: This divorce could cost AS around $200M11 of 11
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!