It’s been a week since we told you that Angela Bassett would be directing a film about the life of pop legend Whitney Houston for Lifetime which is scheduled to air sometime in 2015. Not long after the announcement, the Houston family slammed the film and said they didn’t support it. Although she’s estranged from her family, Whitney’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown agrees.
Bobbi Kristina recently took to her Twitter page to air out her grievances with the Lifetime Network. According to the young Lady Brown, she doesn’t feel anybody in the world should or could play her mother the way she can. Apparently, Bobbi Kristina playing Whitney Houston in a biopic was a much discussed topic when the superstar singer was alive.
After Bobbi Kristina revealed her feelings about the upcoming Lifetime film and the casting, she went on to say she understands that everyone wants to honor Houston’s legacy in their own way, but she wishes they would respect the way she chooses to honor and respect her mother’s story.
Check out the tweets below.
Do you think Bobbi Kristina Brown should play her mother in a film or should another actress do it?
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
READ MORE HOT TELEVISION NERWS COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Whitney Houston: Why We'll Never Forget
1. 1. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986 © Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna1 of 15
2. 2. Whitney Houston and her mother Cissy Houston – 1970 – © Gary Czvekus – Retna Ltd2 of 15
3. 3. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980′s © Larry Busacca / Retna3 of 15
4. 4. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980′s. © Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd.4 of 15
5. 5. Whitney Houston 1986 Photo/Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd.5 of 15
6. 6. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990′s © Larry Busacca / Retna UK6 of 15
7. 7. Whitney Houston mid 1990′s © Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses7 of 15
8. 8. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998. (PR)8 of 15
9. 9. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC 11/30/98 © Retna Ltd.9 of 15
10. 10. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999 © Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd.10 of 15
11. 11. Whitney Houston at the 17th Carousel Of Hope Ball Beverly Hilton Retna Ltd.11 of 15
12. 12. Whitney Houston at the Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party © Sara De Boer / Retna Ltd.12 of 15
13. 13. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America. 9/1/2009. © Derek Storm/Retna13 of 15
14. 14. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy’s Pre-Party in 2011. (Pr)14 of 15
15. 15. Whitney Houston at the Grammy’s Pre-Party in 2011. (PrPhotos)15 of 15