This is nothing short of awesome. Sixteen-year-old Chase Reed is a sneakerhead who decided to turn his collection into a profit. He took his 45 basketball sneakers and opened the world’s very first pawn shop just for sneakers.
MUST SEE: Air Jordan 6 Retro “Championship Pack”
Reed, who is in the tenth grade, opened the Harlem store with his father and uncle who run the store while he’s in school, according to the New York Post.
“Young kids don’t have jewelry. They don’t have cars,” said Troy Reed, dad of young entrepreneur Chase “Sneakers” Reed. “But what they do have is the thousands of dollars worth of sneakers in their house.”
They’re not just taking any old sneakers either. They mainly want high-end kicks or sneakers that aren’t available anymore, as long as the shoes are in good condition. “After we evaluate it, we’ll give the kid, say, $100 for the sneakers,” said Troy. “If he wants them back, he’ll pay the $100, plus $20 for storing the sneakers,” Troy said.
Chase first came up with the idea when he asked his father, Troy Reed, for $50 to get a pair of new releases. His father wasn’t giving up the cash to fund the business, so Chase sold custom-painted sneakers to make money, charging $150-250 per pair.
We wish him much success in his new found entrepreneurship!
25 SneakerHead Celebs To Follow On Instagram
1. #nike#air1Givenchycalabo#goodpeople#goodvibesSource:Instagram 1 of 25
2. Another exclusive 1 of 1 ,,,,2chainz GuiseppeZanotti , billboard music awardsSource:Instagram 2 of 25
3. Kicks for the daySource:Instagram 3 of 25
4. Saturday can't come any faster? #holdat #heartoverheight @zanerobeaus pants #j'sonmy👣 #freshSource:Instagram 4 of 25
5. Game look last night! #BlackHistory #2sSource:Instagram 5 of 25
6. New Castle Australia with @owuorarunga. Photo: @jkoephotoSource:Instagram 6 of 25
7. Real Motjafuckin G'zSource:Instagram 7 of 25
8. CALI made ME!!!! #whynot #fashionking #donthateonthebrodie #jordan12 #brodiejustmaxedSource:Instagram 8 of 25
9. RAF X FLVCKO........SS-2005 X NOW NIGGASource:Instagram 9 of 25
10. When you in ya own lane, it's no traffic #YoungOGSource:Instagram 10 of 25
11. Time OffSource:Instagram 11 of 25
12. HAHAHA FULL OUTFITS ARE CRAZY ( WE HAVE SWIM TRUNKS NOW!!!) SOONSource:Instagram 12 of 25
13. #HappyEaster #LilSwag #HustleHart #ComedicRockStar #LiveLoveLaughSource:Instagram 13 of 25
14. #CruzDayEveryDaySource:Instagram 14 of 25
15. De Lano'sSource:Instagram 15 of 25
16. 11's "Poppa Smurfs" #KickGameCray #StriveForGreatnessSource:Instagram 16 of 25
17. 5Lab3 #TooCleanSource:Instagram 17 of 25
18. Heading to Storrs for the Honoring of The 99 Championship Team . #UConnVsSDSU #Holdat #HomeAwayFromHome #LoveTheFans #JordanFutures.Source:Instagram 18 of 25
19. #miamiheat #wtb #mmgSource:Instagram 19 of 25
20. Fuck a caption !!!!!! @franknittyy @sneakernews @nicekicks @sole_nation #CigarsAndChampagne #VeuveClicquot #VersaceCigars #WatchHowManyNiggasStealMyPic #FuckItTho #LiveThroughMe #ThatsWhatImHereFor #BloodMoney #LaFamiliaSource:Instagram 20 of 25
21. Pull up. Hop out. @jumpman23 Carmine's.Source:Instagram 21 of 25
22. If i cant be fly doing it then its not meant for me to do it. Like black folk food it got to have flavor. W/ out flavor it means nothing.Source:Instagram 22 of 25
23. Here In The Bronx In Front Of 1000 Taping Channel 11 News #BX #NYC #Forrest #HomeSource:Instagram 23 of 25
24. Headed to my cuzzo graduation get ready for pics of my super Nigerian family Nigerian food and other miscellaneous things today .Source:Instagram 24 of 25
25. "One A Days" "War Vet" @nikebasketball @kingjames IX Low. #StayFRESHSource:Instagram 25 of 25
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY