Embattled actor Columbus Short fought family court and family court won. The former “Scandal” star turned struggle comedian was recently ordered to pay massive amounts of money to his estranged wife Tanee Short.
Columbus Short was scheduled to appear in court so that a judge could rule on the matters of child support and spousal support. However, the actor decided the court date wasn’t as important as whatever else he had to do and skipped the court appearance. The judge still showed no mercy for the absent television star and awarded Tanee Short a nice monthly sum of money.
Tanee Short will receive $17,005 in spousal support. Tanee and Columbus’ child will be taken care of with the help of the $4,542 Columbus Short has to hand over for child support each month. As if the monthly monetary deposits aren’t enough, the judge also ordered Columbus Short to pay $25,000 for Tanee’s legal fees.
Moral to the story: when you have a court date, make sure you AND your attorney show up!
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
READ MORE HOT GOSSIP ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Cheaper To Keep ‘Em – Expensive Divorces
1. 1. Michael & Juanita Jordan: Juanita collected $168 million1 of 11
2. 2. Tiger and Elin Woods: Elin was awarded between $100 million and $110 million.2 of 11
3. 3. Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons: Kimora gets $40,000 a month in child support.3 of 11
4. 4. Shaquille & Shaunie O’Neal: Shaq pays at least $20,000 monthly.4 of 11
5. 5. Nas & Kelis: Nas pays $51,000 for child support monthly.5 of 11
6. 6. The Dream and Christina Milian: The Dream was ordered to pay a one time $4m & $5000 per month.6 of 11
7. 7. Janet Jackson and Rene Elinzondo: Janet paid Elinzondo $15M after two years of court.7 of 11
8. 8. Eddie and Nicole Murphy: Nicole got around $15 million.8 of 11
9. 9. Lionel and Diane Ritchie: Diane winded up with around $20 M9 of 11
10. 10. Jen Lopen & Marc Anthony: Not settled yet, but J Lo is worth $150M and Marc $40M10 of 11
11. 11. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver: This divorce could cost AS around $200M11 of 11