Uzo Aduba has snagged a richly deserved honor as she won her first Emmy!
The “Orange Is The New Black” star won a Creative Arts Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series. It’s a little funny to see “OITNB” categorized as a comedy (maybe because it’s not as heavy as the dramas), but no one can deny that Uzo has played the heck out of her character Crazy Eyes.
The actress’ win was just one of the wins that “Orange Is The New Black” brought home on Saturday as the show took the prize for Outstanding Casting For A Comedy Series and Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series!
Joe Morton also won the Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series Emmy for his role as Rowan Pope on “Scandal.” His speech must have been epic because Papa Pope delivers some legendary monologues on the hit ABC series. Fans will have to wait until August 24, when FXX airs the Creative Arts Emmys.
On the scientific side of things Neil deGrasse Tyson‘s intergalactic series “Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey” won several Emmys as well! The Fox show took home the prize for Outstanding Music Composition For A Series (Original Dramatic Score), Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music, and Outstanding Sound Editing For Nonfiction Programming (Single Or Multi-Camera).
Sexy Uzo Aduba From 'Orange Is The New Black"
1. The time she wore this slinky mini dress.Source:Instagram 1 of 10
2. The time she looked like a freshly squeezed orange2 of 10
3. The time she wanted to shine.Source:Instagram 3 of 10
4. The time she wanted to look like she wanted to go to the disco.Source:Instagram 4 of 10
5. The time she wanted to show off her lipsSource:Instagram 5 of 10
6. The time she went black and white6 of 10
7. The time we wanted to play in her curlsSource:Instagram 7 of 10
8. The time she was almost unzipped8 of 10
9. The time she was a lady in red9 of 10
10. The time she shared the spotlight10 of 10
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY