Rumors surfaced that Oscar-winner Denzel Washington underwent two weeks of detox after a month of excessive alcohol consumption while aboard a yacht with his wife.
TMZ first mentioned the story: “Washington recently left an Orange County residence where he was staying for more than 2 weeks to detox after a wild, alcohol-fueled, gluttonous month-long vacation.”
Washington’s publicist recently spoke out to Entertainment Tonight disputing the recent reports.
“He does this health cleanse every time he’s about to go back to work and start his conditioning and nutritional program. Always cleans up after the family vacation in prep for work. Nothing new.”
In fact, many celebrities do various kinds of detox diets to prepare for a role. Some of them include:
- Organ detoxes, which focus on cleansing and building different organs.
- You might also do a detox to focus on removing accumulations of heavy metals from your system.
- Other detox types include those that work to eliminate specific organisms from your body, such as candida and parasites.
- You may also want to detox by eliminating a specific substance that is troublesome, such as sugar, milk, or wheat.
- Finally, there are detox diets that focus on flushing fat from the body.
Each detox type has its own specific purpose and benefits, but all benefit the body by eliminating toxins and helping your body to create new, healthier tissue.
Denzel will be promoting The Equalizer on a worldwide tour. In this film, Denzel plays the role of Robert McCall, a former black ops commando who faked own his death to live a quiet Boston life. He will come out of retirement to rescue a young girl and face Russian gangsters.
The Equalizer is set to be released on September 26.
For more info on all the different kinds of detoxing foods, click here.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY