Suge Knight

Source: Getty Images / Getty

Not only did Suge Knight plead not guilty to murder and the related charges stemming from a hit-and-run he committed in January, his lawyer has made a formal request to reduce the Death Row Records founder’s bail.

Knight appeared in court for the first time since earlier this month when he fired one of his lawyers during a hearing over his involvement in the robbery of a photographer’s camera, a separate incident comedian Katt Williams was also implicated in.

Knight has been juggling both court cases over the last several months and today appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom where Judge Ronal Coen denied the request to have the former rap mogul’s bail lowered below the current $10 million, according to CNN.

Suge’s not guilty plea comes on the heels of a dramatic few months in court. In March he collapsed mid-hearing and was later confined to a medical, stretcher-like wheelchair in a court appearance a couple weeks later. “I’m being chained to some type of chair and they’re pushing me,” Knight told a judge on April 08. “I walked perfectly fine from county jail to the bus and from the bus to here. It makes matters worse.”
Knight’s long-time music industry adversary Jerry Heller made light of Suge’s legal woes in a recent off-the-cuff interview with TMZ earlier this month, calling the current murder charge “instant karma.” “This is like O.J.” he added. “It’s payback time.”


Knight turned 50-years old last week and is currently facing a possible life sentence if convicted of the murder charge that arose from the hit-and-run incident in January.


Suge Knight’s Murder Trial Is ‘Instant Karma,’ Former N.W.A Manager Says

Suge Knight Hospitalized After Being Ordered To Stand Trial For Murder

Michel’le Talks Overcoming Alleged Abuse From Dr. Dre And Suge Knight

Also On The Urban Daily:
comments – Add Yours