This weekend, Power returned to Starz, and it picked up right where it left off. On the Monday Power Play, we will break down the show’s top 5 moments and give you our theory on what’s going to happen next in the story line. We’ll also give you exclusive insider information from cast members and from our inside connections.
If you’re a fan of Power you’re going to love this, if you aren’t caught up, be careful of spoilers.
Tommy Breaking Into Angela’s Crib and Finding Ghost’s Bags/Tommy Confronts Ghost
This season kicks off right where last left off and when Tommy finds those bags, he flips. He goes on the run, trying to figure out his next step and is not sure who he can trust. Eventually, Ghost finds Tommy and that’s when it goes down. Tommy puts the gun on Ghost for thinking he was trying to out him as the kingpin so he can escape with his girlfriend – who works for law enforcement – only to find out he has no clue.
Both Ghost and Tommy used the L word with their women. Ghost told Angela he loved her when he canceled their trip to Miami, and Tommy when he left Holly a message while he was on the run. Love confuses people, and clouds their judgment…
Tasha knows about Angela and that can become problematic for Ghost, considering he needs her to help out with things. So now he has to lie more and more in order to keep both of his relationships. The worst part of that is that he needs to start finding out the truth about a bunch of things while trying to keep up the lie.
Kanan causing chaos
Watching Kanan cruise around causing trouble while being out of jail was one of the best moments this episode. He’s up to something and causing a bunch of mayhem in order to take control of all that power.
So how was work? Rip! Rip!
Ghost knows, Angela doesn’t, but this cliff hanger until next week’s episode left us on the edge of our seats. Will Ghost play it cool, or will he show his cold-blooded side? I think it will hang more on the play it cool side. When I talked to Omari (Hardwick) about Ghost and what he’s dealing with this season he told me that his character and Angela are trying to figure out, “How to love each other in the world that they both have to be involved with, but also not wanting to abort the world so much because they are both so freaking competitive that they both want to win on those worlds.”
1. Omari is an accomplished poet, performing spoken word at the National Poetry Slam and on Versus and Flow to name a few.
1 of 16
2. Omari Latif Hardwick, born January 9, 1974: Name Meaning: Omari "most high" Latif "gentle" 'I believe i can fly...i believe i can touch the sky'..... I reckon before my bow legs were strong enuf to even support all i'd ever try, i believed there was no cloud or prize TOO BIG for my eye. There is @ least 25% of my crawl that i'm still not able to get by. A.K.A. that i hope to get right with before my fat lady's last cry.
2 of 16
3. Omari was the middle child of Attorney Clifford and Joyce Hardwick IV. (brothers Jamil, Malik and sister Shani)
3 of 16
4. Omari was an all around athlete, playing sports most of his life. He was a member of his high school state championship football team, as well as a Defensive Back for the University Of Georgia.
4 of 16
5. While attending the University Of Georgia, Omari became a member of the Alpha Phi Alpha Incorporated Fraternity, Zeta Pi Chapter.
5 of 16
6. After finishing college, Omari became a non-drafted member of the San Diego Chargers for one year.
6 of 16
7. After studying theater in New York, Omari moved to Los Angeles to pursue his acting career and at that time because of financial reasons he had to live out of his Ford Focus. Ironically enough, when he got the job on the television series Dark Blue, the series location was filmed where he used to park his car.
7 of 16
8. Omari has twenty tattoos.
8 of 16
9. It takes Omari two hours to cover his tattoos when he has to do topless or partially nude shots. He leaves the wings uncovered in memory of his brother.
9 of 16
10. Omari Hardwick and Naturi Naughton on the set of "Power" Season 2.
10 of 16
11. Omari Hardwick and his wife Jennifer are expecting their second child in 2015.
11 of 16
12. Omari with a great #powerfam ❤️. These two girls make it easy to loan my Hubbz @omarihardwickofficial out. #SisterWives #RealWomenSupportEachOther
12 of 16
13. The Omari Hardwick Blueapple Poetry Network is an after school spoken word poetry program that is free of cost to high school, middle school and some elementary children in the Broward County School System of Fort Lauderdale.
13 of 16
14. Not only is Omari an actor, he is also a songwriter; he is featured vocally, visually and creatively with several music artists, including two time Grammy Award-winning artist Eshe (Arrested Development), Eric Roberson, Melanie Fiona, and Estelle.
14 of 16
15. The music video he starred in with Melanie Fiona, "Wrong Side Of Love," was directed by Larenz Tate and nominated for a Grammy.
15 of 16
16. On Friday you loaned me 41 big ones Lord. You just keep adding that which you have decided i can handle. Thank you for loaning me my birth family. Thank you for loaning me the family i made. Thank you ALL the ancestors angels heroes family friends mentors teachers artist athletes mother Teresas beautiful roses growing outa concrete that helped my feet survive the big FEAT of making my 1st 41 COUNT. -Omari Hardwick
16 of 16
Continue reading 15 Shades Of The Powerfully Sexy Omari Hardwick