After Rihanna’s rap confirmed that the West Indian singer had to cancel her Grammys performance due to being under the weather, the star took to Twitter to apologize to fans.
She tweeted, “#NAVY so sorry I couldn’t be there…. Thanks Grammys and CBS for your support tonight.”
The Grammy Twitter page also wished Rihanna a speedy recovery:
Updated: February 15, 2016, 11 PM EST
After rumors swirled that Rihanna cancelled her Grammys performance, her rep confirmed that the star did indeed cancel her set for this year’s award show.
In an exclusive statement to JustJared, Rihanna‘s rep said, “Based on Rihanna‘s examination, after Grammy rehearsal today, Rihanna‘s doctor put her on vocal rest for 48-hours because she was at risk of hemorrhaging her vocal chords. The antibiotics she has been on for 3-days did not kill the infection adequately therefore she cannot perform safely.”
Apparently, Rihanna came down with Bronchitis, and despite her showing up to rehearsals a few hours prior, the singer was too sick to perform.
Her cancellation is a disappointment as many fans were eager to see her perform some of her new music off the recently released album ANTI.
Allegedly, Rihanna was going to perform “Kiss Me Better.”
Due to the cancellation, however, fans will have to wait until she goes on tour later this year.
SOURCE: JustJared, TMZ | PHOTO SOURCE: Getty
RED CARPET RECAP: The 58th Annual Grammy Awards
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Wiz wore Chucks to the Grammys because, of course he would.
1 of 24
2. Sam Smith suited up!
2 of 24
3. Pharrell with his wife, Helen. Are you feeling his platinum blonde 'do?
3 of 24
4. Lady Gaga's David Bowie-inspired ensemble.
4 of 24
5. Janelle Monae in Jean Paul Gaultier.
5 of 24
6. Kendrick Lamar just won the first award of the night.
6 of 24
7. Justin Bieber walked the red carpet with his little brother.
7 of 24
8. How cute.
8 of 24
9. Fetty Wap cleans up nicely.
9 of 24
10. Chrissy Teigen definitely has the glow!
10 of 24
11. Ariana Grande in Romona Keveza.
11 of 24
12. Ciara and Russell Wilson are all smiles.
12 of 24
13 of 24
14. Tori Kelly rocking green.
14 of 24
15. Looking suave, Big Sean.
15 of 24
16. We can't wait for Adele's performance tonight.
16 of 24
17. We're here for this couple! The Weeknd and Bella Hadid
17 of 24
18. Faith Evans in classic black and white.
18 of 24
19. Are you feeling Zendaya's mullet?
19 of 24
20. Hello, Taylor!
20 of 24
21. Bestie goals?
21 of 24
22. Serving! We see you, Selena.
22 of 24
23. Giuliana Rancic glowing in gold.
23 of 24
24. Vanessa Simmons looks GORGEOUS.
24 of 24