Music producer Brandon Parrott is allegedly suing 50 Centand Dr. Drefor their song “P.I.M.P.”
According to TMZ, Parrott claims to have given Dr. Dre a set of tracks back in 2001 in hopes of having them used by one of Dre’s artists. Parrott was allegedly contacted in 2003 by an Aftermath Entertainment producer, who told Parrott that his song, “BAMBA,” was used for 50’s Get Rich or Die Tryin’ hit, “P.I.M.P.”
Parrot reportedly signed a settlement deal based on the claim that it was a mistake, but has since heard otherwise, and now wants his credit.
1. SMS Audio: This company that primarily sells headphones was founded by 50 Cent in 2011. In the same year, the company acquired Kono Audio. As far as the competition goes, he once said Dr. Dre's "Beats is Nike. We're Adidas."
1 of 8
2. Power: 50 Cent is into all sorts of entertainment. Though he obviously stars in the Starz hit series "Power," did you know he also produced the show? "Power" holds the "most viewers ever for a Starz original series" record.
2 of 8
3. Vodka: 50 Cent has recently partnered with Effen Vodka. The "ultra-premium" liquor comes in lots of flavors, including Black Cherry, Dutch Raspberry, Cucumber, and Salted Caramel.
3 of 8
4. SMS Promotions: 50 Cent started this boxing promotional company after his joint project with Floyd Mayweather, TMT Promotions, failed. Though SMS Promotions reportedly declared bankruptcy this year, it previously promoted boxers such as Andre Dirrell, Chris Galeano, and more.
4 of 8
5. SK Energy: Street King is an energy drink created by 50 Cent and his partner Chris Clarke. It boasts a variety of flavors, and was rebranded as "SK Energy" in 2012.
5 of 8
6. Frigo Underwear: 50 Cent put his insane body on full display in a series of advertisments for the underwear company this year.
6 of 8
7. VitaminWater: 50 Cent made $100 million after selling his stake in the privately owned company.
7 of 8
8. G-unit: We can't forget about the clothing company that 50 Cent started in 2003 and relaunched in 2010. 50 maintains full ownership of the clothing line.
8 of 8
Continue reading 50 Cent’s Most Lucrative Business Endeavors