Thanksgiving wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without sweet potato pie and baked macaroni and cheese. Turkey is important of course but by it’s lonesome it’s boring and dry.
The holidays are stressful enough so here are two simple recipes to go by…
Things you’ll need:
Sweet Potato Pie:
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crusts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and mash. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and blend into the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour into pie shells and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until done.
Things You’ll Need:
4 Cheese Macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces cubed processed cheese food
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, cubed processed cheese food, and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.
Click here, for more recipes…
All Things Thanksgiving:
VIDEO: Give Thanks The Southpark Way
The Second Thanksgiving [HUMOR]
5 Thanksgiving Songs To Perk Up Turkey Day!
REWIND: The Single Man’s Thanksgiving Survival Guide
How Not To Get Killed On Black Friday
Young Money Gives Away Turkeys For Thanksgiving
Also On The Urban Daily: