The Golden Globes are officially over, but that doesn’t mean that the hype hasn’t lessened any for the upcoming Oscars. Matter fact, one of the movies that they’re anticipating bringing home a few awards themselves is the four-time Globe winning movie Slumdog Millionaire.
I must admit, as an avid movie watcher, I only knew about this flick in name only – something my movie counterpart Ethan Alter would be miffed to understand. They even had it playing at Tribeca, here in New York, and I wasn’t inclined to check it out. Silly me, I thought that the movie were these five things upon seeing the title:
5. I thought that it was the biopic detailing DMX rise and fall in the rap game.
4. After that I thought that it was an exposé on the practices and methods of New York City landlords. (I still don’t have heat in my apartment and 311 ain’t helpin’…)
3. When that didn’t work, I came to the conclusion that BET had finally joined the reality TV game show circus with their own show where contestants of different backgrounds have to sleep in the worst hoods of America for a week and survive by the wits and ingenuity in order to win a million dollars.
2. Even still, I finally saw the trailer for the flick and it was a brief :30 one at that. I thought maybe Bollywood had came full circle and that Slumdog Millionaire was its own version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Regis Philbin would be pissed as punch to see that be successful. Outsourcin’ jobs like a mug!
1. In the end, Slumdog wasn’t none of those things. But it is an Oscar worthy film that took home some huge awards last night from the Golden Globes. While it may not be on your “what to watch” list, you should check it out because whatever it may be to you, it’s definitely worth a peep.
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>