According to ESPN.com Aaron Hernandez was arrested Wednesday and charged with the first-degree murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player whose body was found in an industrial park about a mile from the former New England Patriots tight end’s home.
Just when you think the story of Aaron Hernandez can not get any worse, it does. The star tight end, who was just released from the New England Patriots a few days ago in light of his current murder scandal, lost his Puma endorsement, and is now being charged with murder.
The 23-year-old from Bristol, CT reportedly has been known for brandishing weapons and being involved in gang related activities. He is also alleged to be under investigation for some other murders that occurred in 2012 as of today.
Take a look at the videos of his arraignment below.
The New England Patriots swiftly released a statement on Tuesday regarding the situation with Hernandez and their letting him go from the team saying:
“Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”
All in all there have been a reported 38 arrests within the NFL since the start of 2013! This is incredible! This is not good and something needs to change fast. It seems as though not enough is being done to teach young 20 somethings how to be men of many means. They go from struggling college students to millionaires seemingly over night and some can not let go of the identity they have had for themselves their whole lives. It’s a real struggle but they need something to help them get through it.
The Urban Daily will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
1. 1. Foxy Brown’s numerous probation violations landed her in the slammer for a year (76 days in solitary confinement).(AP)1 of 19
2. 2. A drunk Shia Labeouf was arrested for trespassing at a Walgreens. The store was closing and he refused to leave. (AP)2 of 19
3. 3. 50 Cent was arrested on drug charges and spent 6 months in an incarceration boot camp and earned his GED while there. AP3 of 19
4. 4. Lil’ Wayne served a year at Rikers for illegal gun possession & performed suicide watch with at-risk inmates. (AP)4 of 19
5. 5. Ozzy Osbourne was arrested for peeing on the Alamo in San Antonio. He bragged about it & got a 20 yr. ban from the city. AP5 of 19
6. 6. T.I. spent 11 months (the last time) in jail for probation violation. He is on the straight and narrow again. (AP)6 of 19
7. 7. Martha Stewart was found guilty of insider trading and spent 5 months in federal prison & 2 years of supervised release. AP7 of 19
8. 8. Gucci Mane has been in jail several times; drug possession, assault and probation violations. (AP)8 of 19
9. 9. Nicole Richie only spent 82 minutes of her four-day sentence in jail for a DUI due to overcrowding in the system. (AP)9 of 19
10. 10. Boy George got 15 months for chaining a male escort to a wall (without his consent) in his flat during a photo session.10 of 19
11. 12. Michelle Rodriguez has been in & out of jail four times: DUI, hit & run, probation violations, driving without a license.11 of 19
12. 13. Kiefer Sutherland was charged with misdemeanor drunk driving in Los Angeles and spent 48 days in jail. (AP)12 of 19
13. 14. Remy Ma was sentenced to 8 years for shooting her best friend over $2000 that went missing from her purse. See Ya in 2016.13 of 19
14. 15. Robert Downey Jr. spent 4 months in a LA jail and a year in prison for drugs and probation violations. He is doing well now.14 of 19
15. 16. A hairdresser cashed an unauthorized check and Mystikal gave her a choice; jail or sex (not legal) and he got six years. (AP)15 of 19
16. 17. Christian Slater was sentenced to three months in jail for assaulting his girlfriend & the man who tried to help her.16 of 19
17. 18. Actor & comedian Tim Allen spent over two years in prison for cocaine possession (before he found fame). (AP)17 of 19
18. 19. A drunk Edward Furlong was arrested for “freeing” a tank of lobsters in a Kentucky grocery store. (AP)18 of 19
19. 20. Michael Vick spent 21 months in jail for financing a dog fighting business. He is out and doing well. Go Mike! (AP)19 of 19
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!