Steve McQueen does not suffer fools lightly. The “12 Years A Slave” director is notorious for his cantankerous attitude (justifiably so) towards the press, but on his recent appearance on “Arsenio”, McQueen showed a more jovial and dare we say, softer side?
Arsenio brought out the champagne to celebrate McQueen’s 9 Oscar nominations for “12 Years” and asked the celebrated director where he was when he was when he got the news. “I was propped up in bed, losing my voice from all the interviews,” McQueen shared.
The first person he called was his mother, but couldn’t get through since she was chatting with her friends! Arsenio and McQueen went on to discuss the importance of “12 Years A Slave”, criticism of the movie and his thoughts on History Channel doing a remake of “Roots.”
STEVE MCQUEEN TALKS OSCARS, SLAVERY AND STORYTELLING:
MCQUEEN SHARES HOW HE FOUND THE STORY OF SOLOMON NORTHRUP:
MCQUEEN DISCUSSES THE ACTUAL LYNCHING TREE IN “12 YEARS A SLAVE”:
MCQUEEN RESPONDS TO CRITICS OF THE MOVIE:
GET THE LATEST IN NEWS AND GOSSIP ON THE URBAN DAILY!
2014 Golden Globes: The Best & Worst Dressed
1. 2014 Golden Globes: The Best & Worst Dressed1 of 13
2. Kerry Washington in Balenciaga2 of 13
3. Paula Patton in Charlotte Olympia3 of 13
4. Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen4 of 13
5. Lupita Nyong'o in Ralph Lauren5 of 13
6. Gabourey Sidibe in custom Michael Costello6 of 13
7. Angela Bassett7 of 13
8. Rashida Jones8 of 13
9. Usher Raymond9 of 13
10. Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung10 of 13
11. Rocsi Diaz in J. Mendel11 of 13
12. Margot Robbie in Gucci12 of 13
13. Idris Elba & his girlfriend Naiyana Garth in Tiffany Rose13 of 13
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>