After taking some time off to have her youngest son, Kez Sunday Udoka, actress Nia Long has been wasting no time getting back to work. In November she starred in the highly anticipated sequel to “The Best Man,” and she is back just a few months later in “Tyler Perry’s The Single Mom’s Club.” She graces the cover of “Essence” magazine for their April issue in support of the latter.
Playing a newspaper writer named Mae, Long joins an ensemble cast to explore the varying degrees of difficulty in being a single mother. In fact, Long is joined by her eldest son Massai, who makes his acting debut as her son in the film. What was that like?
“It was great until he told me, ‘Mom, that’s not your line,’ as the camera was rolling,” says the sexy Hollywood vet.”He was like ‘mom, you said the wrong line.'”
Watch as she offers her dating tips for single moms from the set of her “Essence” shoot in this week’s “What’s Hot.”
A Salute To Nia Long [PHOTOS]
1. Nia LongSource:Getty Images 1 of 13
2. Nia LongSource:Getty Images 2 of 13
3. Nia LongSource:Getty Images 3 of 13
4. Nia LongSource:Getty Images 4 of 13
5. Nia Long5 of 13
6. Nia Long 4Source:Getty Images 6 of 13
7. Nia Long7 of 13
8. Nia LongSource:Getty Images 8 of 13
9. Nia Long 7Source:Getty Images 9 of 13
10. Nia Long10 of 13
11. Nia LongSource:Getty Images 11 of 13
12. Nia Long12 of 13
13. Nia LongSource:Getty 13 of 13
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!