In a week that has been mixed for racial tensions nation wide…we find yet another awful blemish on the record of the racists. According to CBS Detroit, Boston Bruins fans blew up Twitter following the Bruins team losing in overtime 4-3 to the Montreal Canadiens.
P.K. Subban scored the winning goal in the fifth minute of the second overtime.
Fans acknowledged their disappointment and frustration with the loss by taking to their Twitter accounts and writing some horrendous, racist comments about Subban. In fact there were so many of these comments that the word Nigger was trending!
Check out some of the comments that were made below!
– That stupid n***** doesn’t belong in hockey #whitesonly
– F*** YOU N***** SUBBAN YOU BELONG IN A F****** HOLE NOT AN ICE RINK
– PK Subban = F****** N*****
– F*** PK Subban. F****** n*****. Wish he got sold
– subban is the definition of a n*****
– Someone needs to smack PK subban across his big n***** lips. #scumbag
– SUBBAN IS A F****** PORCH M*****
– F*** that stupid m***** #subban
– F*** you subban you f****** lucky ass n*****!
– Once again, Subban stop being a n*****
There were also Tweets in support of Subban or at least tweets that were in support of class and civility. Check some of those out below.
– N***** was trending in Boston because P.K. Subban scored… It’s a rare moment in my life to be ashamed to be a Bruins fan.
– I bet the Bruins fans calling P.K. Subban a n***** on Twitter have no idea his brother plays for their minor league team.
– the hashtag #N***** is trending in Boston after Subban’s goal. Do they tweet this after a David Ortiz HR? f*** off Boston, be better.
– N***** trending in Boston- #NHL another sport with issues
Bruins President Cam Neely issued a statement in which he said,
“The racist, classless views expressed by an ignorant group of individuals following Thursday’s game via digital media are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization.”
We know for a fact that Boston is better than this…and we sure hope they encourage their cyber thug fans to either keep it classy or keep it pushin!
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!