Robert Pattinson’s new romance might be considered the odd ball in town, and many on the Internet are being just plain nasty to her. The lucky gal is a musician known as FKA Twigs, who’s had enough with the comments on the world wide web, and she’s taking a stand.
Since early September it’s been speculated that both stars have been dating after meeting through a mutual friend. One source told “People Magazine” that Pattinson is “smitten” by the singer of Spanish descent.
On the other hand, many fans of the “Twilight” actor are not “smitten” at all. These Negative Nancies have even reached to social media to let it be known that they are not happy campers with Rob’s new girlfriend. We’re smelling a little bit of jealousy here.
One user on Twitter expressed his thoughts by saying: “I wonder if fka twigs and robert pattinson are doing it with the lights on yet.”
As a result, mean comments similar to that one have made Twigs lash out early this week, and she’s pointing to bigotry.
“I am genuinely shocked and disgusted at the amount of racism that has been infecting my account the past week,” the 26-year-old wrote. She later stated “Racism is unacceptable in the real world and it’s unacceptable online,” in a tweet that garnered over 5K retweets.
Twigs even reached to Instagram to defend herself against the vicious online bullying.
She shared a black-and-white photo of herself with the caption “arrow jamaica latina bambina,” which demonstrates her pride of being mixed race.
So, who is this FKA Twigs who managed to steal the heart of 28-year-old Robert Pattinson after his relationship with actress Kristen Stewart? Here are some deets!
- Her real name is Tahliah Debrett Barnett.
- She was born in Gloucestershire, England.
- Her father is Jamaican and her mother is part English and part Spanish.
- She was the only mixed-race girl in her Catholic school.
- She was raised by her mother and stepfather.
- She was nicknamed “twigs” because of the way her joints cracked and added the acronym FKA (“formerly known as”).
- Her music falls under the trip hop and electronic genres.
- Not only is she a singer-songwriter, but also a producer and dancer.
This was originally published on Zona de Sabor.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY