If you didn’t know, Aug. 4 marks President Obama’s birthday.
And to celebrate his age, full of wisdom and knowledge, we’ve decided to round up some of the president’s most hilarious, funniest, full of life photographs from his Instagram account and that of presidential photographer Pete Souza.
Because if you haven’t noticed, the president has this social media thing down. Remember this tweet?
President Obama isn’t what we’d call a “millennial,” but he sure does possess a youth we envy. And he’s also about his business. Standing at the forefront of the United States as the nation’s leader for almost 8 years, the world has watched Obama navigate an eventful time in office. Barack has led two successful campaigns and faced some of America’s most controversial issues – but now, as POTUS approaches the end of his second term, he can be seen loosening up and showing his personable side even more.
Chief Official White House photographer Pete Souza has captured priceless photos of the charismatic Commander-in-Chief over the years. Throughout sentimental, candid, and focused images, Souza has been able to create a telling montage of the President’s experiences.
Check out our favorite Obama Instagram moments below. And then enjoy some birthday cake…in his honor, of course.
Obama's Best Instagram Moments During His Last Year As President
1. Two step! President Obama dances with his half-sister Auma Obama and President Kenyatta at a state dinner during his first trip to Kenya.Source:Instagram 1 of 25
2. Seriously, how much more down to earth can Obama and the First Lady get? Here they are rocking their alma mater t-shirts in the White House one morning.Source:Instagram 2 of 25
3. WINNING! The exact moment President Obama heard that the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act.Source:Instagram 3 of 25
4. Presidential Perfection! The First Family poses on the White House lawn on Easter Day 2015.Source:Instagram 4 of 25
5. Just like us! The president swats a fly in the Oval Office.Source:Instagram 5 of 25
6. Someone needs an umbrella. The president dodges a rainstorm as he addresses supporters in Nashville.Source:Instagram 6 of 25
7. The president does his best "Charlie's Angels" impression with an ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement in New London, Conn.Source:Instagram 7 of 25
8. Anything you can do, I can do better. President Obama crawls around with Ella Harper Rhodes, daughter of Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes.Source:Instagram 8 of 25
9. Presidential high fives for all!Source:Instagram 9 of 25
10. Like seriously, who doesn't like pizza?Source:Instagram 10 of 25
11. Checking Twitter, perhaps? #AskPotusSource:Instagram 11 of 25
12. The real presidential advisors.Source:Instagram 12 of 25
13. Two peas in a pod. The president and Joe Biden always have each other's backs.Source:Instagram 13 of 25
14. Who's got the power?! President Obama poses with another ensign at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement.Source:Instagram 14 of 25
15. Who wants to play the president in a game of basketball? Obama talks with students and law enforcement officials at a sit-down discussion at a New Jersey Salvation Army Community Center.Source:Instagram 15 of 25
16. Joking around with "Gronk," aka New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.Source:Instagram 16 of 25
17. Family affair! The president, the First Lady, and presidential dogs Bo and Sunny speak to a crowd at this year's Easter Egg Roll.Source:Instagram 17 of 25
18. Are you covered? Obama puts health first...but doesn't he always? #ObamacareSource:Instagram 18 of 25
19. Who knew our president was the "baby whisperer?"Source:Instagram 19 of 25
20. It's never too early (or late) to shoot some hoops in a suit.Source:Instagram 20 of 25
21. Green tie. Must be St. Patrick's Day.Source:Instagram 21 of 25
22. Who said presidents couldn't have fun at bars? Obama throws darts at an Atlanta tavern while waiting for his interview with VICE to begin.Source:Instagram 22 of 25
23. Word is, President Obama is an avid tea drinker. Here he is sampling some Ethiopian coffee at the National Palace in Addis Ababa. Talk about authentic!Source:Instagram 23 of 25
24. Boys will be boys.Source:Instagram 24 of 25
25. We imagine Bo is politely asking POTUS to go out for just one more walk. Please??Source:Instagram 25 of 25
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram