It’s a sad day for Rita Ora.
Roc Nation is claiming that Rita did not hold up her half of the contract deal, which required her to produce five albums — the singer has only produced one. Rita’s first album Ora dropped in 2012, and the label also added that millions of dollars were spent on marketing and developing her second album which has yet to be released.
The lawsuit comes after the British star filed a claim stating the label stopped giving her adequate attention. She says this happened after the label began managing professional athletes.
Rita’s suit went on to state, “As Roc Nation’s interests diversified, there were fewer resources available and the company suffered a revolving door of executives. Rita’s remaining supporters at the label left or moved on to other activities, to the point where she no longer had a relationship with anyone at the company.”
According to sources, the dispute may not last very long. Both Rita and Jay both want to sever ties with one another and end this issue as quickly as possible.
Howard King, Rita’s attorney, said of the feud, “Jay Z has personally and graciously promised Rita complete freedom from Roc Nation, the details of which are now being finalized. We believe that Roc Nation’s distributor, Sony Music, has required Roc Nation to file this action to preserve whatever rights Sony might have pending resolution.”
We’ll see how this case plays out.
SOURCE: US Weekly | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
READ MORE ON THE URBAN DAILY
Find Out The Child Support Payments Of Your Favorite Music Artists
1. The-Dream Pays Christina Milian $10K A Month For Their Daughter Violet.Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. Nas Was Initially Ordered To Pay Ex-Wife Kelis $51K/month In Child Support, But Got The Judgment Reduced To $25K.Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. After Battling His Baby Mama In Court, Chris Brown Got An Unbelievably Low Child Support Judgment Of $2,500 A Month.Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. Russell Simmons Pays $40K A Month For His Daughters Ming & Aoki Lee.Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. 50 Cent Was Initially Ordered To Pay $25K/month For His Oldest Son, But It Was Subsequently Reduced To $6,700.Source:Splash News 5 of 12
6. French Montana Pays His Ex-Wife $7K A Month For His Son.Source:Getty 6 of 12
7. Diddy Pays $40K For His Sons Justin & Christian. There's Still No Word On What He Pays For His Twins Or His Daughter Chance.Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. Mel B. Receives A Whopping $60K A Month From Eddie Murphy For Their Daughter Angel.Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. Future Claims To Pay R&B Singer Ciara $15K A Month For Their 2-Year-Old Son "Baby Future."Source:Getty 9 of 12
10. Surprisingly, Shad "Bow Wow" Moss Only Pays $3K A Month For His Daughter Shai.Source:Splash News 10 of 12
11. Rock Legend Paul McCartney Pays His Ex-Wife, Heather Mills, A Whopping $70K A Month For Their Daughter.Source:Getty 11 of 12
12. Britney Spears Pays Ex-Hubby Kevin Federline $20K A Month For Their Two Boys.Source:Getty 12 of 12
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>