“King Kong ain’t got shit on me!”
You probably know the famous line from one of Denzel Washington’s most popular films, Training Day. The film was released in 2001 and has remained a staple film in our culture since then.
Fast forward to present day, CBS recently OK’d the original director — who also direct the pilot episode and executive produce — Antoine Fuqua to begin creating a pilot for the new TV adaptation.
The show, also titled Training Day, is loosely based off the original movie. Based 15 years after the iconic movie, the film will focus on a young, optimistic African-American police officer who finds himself surrounding by one of the most elite squads in the LAPD. The young cop is then partnered with a seasoned Caucasian detective, who happens to blur the line of morality pretty often.
There is no word yet on when the pilot is set to air, but the show is contending with a few pilots for a spot in CBS’ 2016-2017 season.
As for Antoine, he is also directing an upcoming movie which reunites Denzel and Ethan Hawke, who both received high praise for their portrayal’s in their respective roles. The film, The Magnificent Seven, will also star some major names alongside Denzel and Ethan.
SOURCE: Variety | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
READ MORE ON THE URBAN DAILY
Flashback Friday: Here's What Was Happening In Pop Culture In 2006
1. Shiloh Jolie Pitt was named the top baby born in 2006. Shiloh was the first biological child of A-list couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.Source:Getty 1 of 17
2. George Clooney was named People's Sexiest Man Alive. Angelina Jolie took the title of Sexiest Woman.Source:Getty 2 of 17
3. "Hannah Montana" debuted on Disney Channel, introducing Miley Cyrus to the world. "30 Rock," "Dexter," and "Ugly Betty" also debuted that year.Source:Getty 3 of 17
4. Mariah Carey's "Don't Forget About Us" topped the Billboard Charts for that year.Source:Getty 4 of 17
5. Justin Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveSounds" and Beyonce's "B'Day" became two of the best-selling albums of that year.Source:Getty 5 of 17
6. College student Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook social media site expanded to more U.S. universities, then moved to international student networks, before finally switching to open registration in September 2006: anybody who is at least 13 and has a valid email address can sign up.Source:Getty 6 of 17
7. That summer, former N'Sync-er Lance Bass revealed he's gay.Source:Getty 7 of 17
8. In February 2006, Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a campaign contributor during a weekend quail hunt on a friend's South Texas ranch.Source:Getty 8 of 17
9. After Donald Trump announced that he wouldn't fire troubled Miss USA Tara Conner, Rosie O'Donnell called him a "snake-oil salesman" and their feud began.Source:Getty 9 of 17
10. In May 2006, the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Anna Nicole Smith could her access her late husband's fortune. In September, she gave birth to baby girl DannieLynn. That same month, her son Daniel died in her hospital room.Source:Getty 10 of 17
11. Sacha Baron Cohen's "Borat" topped the box office, sparking a lot of controversy. Baron Cohen won a Golden Globe for Best Actor: Musical or Comedy.Source:Getty 11 of 17
12. The world was shocked by the death of Steve Irwin, also known as "The Crocodile Hunter."Source:Getty 12 of 17
13. Oprah confronted best-selling author James Frey, who admitted that his book "A Million Little Pieces" was all fabricated.Source:Getty 13 of 17
14. Reese Witherspoon and husband Ryan Phillippe called it quits. So did Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn, & Britney Spears and Kevin Federline.Source:Getty 14 of 17
15. Mel Gibson racked up the DUIs and media scrutiny following his drunken, racist tirade.Source:Getty 15 of 17
16. 2006 saw the beginning of the decline of Britney Spears. That year, the star partied with Paris Hilton, went out without underwear, lost custody of her children, and split with K-Fed.Source:Getty 16 of 17
17. Google purchased YouTube for $1.65 billion, becoming the most expensive purchase made by Google during its then eight-year history.Source:Getty 17 of 17
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>