Jay Electronica may or may not have an album on the way, but rest assured – he has a lot to say.
The New Orleans rapper usually keeps quiet on social media, but all of that changed for him earlier this weekend when he joined the live video streaming app, Periscope. Immediately, fans began asking Jay about his thoughts on today’s most controversial topics in hip-hop and he let off.
When asked about Kendrick Lamar, he reveals he’s only fond of Lamar’s collab with Gunplay “Cartoon & Cereal.” “Other than that we don’t know what n*gga talking about,” Jay jokes. He then goes on to say the Compton rapper doesn’t stand a chance in a battle rap. “Kendrick is my son, Kendrick is my baby, Kendrick wishes he could be me,” says Jay.
Electronica didn’t have good things to say about 50 Cent either. Around the 12:00 mark, Jay goes off when asked about the Queens rapper: “Right now he got the potential to be a rapper but he’s on some sucker shit… and we will slap 50 Cent’s eyeballs loose out his scalp.” Ouch.
Check out another clip from his Periscope vent below and stay tuned to see where this ends.
VIDEO & PHOTO CREDIT: Periscope, Getty
READ MORE ON THE URBAN DAILY
17 Pictures Of 50 Cent Wearing G-Unit Tank Tops
1. New York's Bad Guy.1 of 17
2. 50 Cent performing in the black tank.2 of 17
3. Lookin' fire in that white tank.3 of 17
4. 50 pointing to the crowd.4 of 17
5. 50 Cent and Young Buck perform.5 of 17
6. Lloyd Banks, 50 Cent and the famous tank.6 of 17
7. 50 Cent performs in front of fans.7 of 17
8. 50 Cent shows off muscles.8 of 17
9. Look at that smile...9 of 17
10. Flamin' Hot.10 of 17
11. Rockin' Black Leather Pants Way Before It Was Trendy.11 of 17
12. Big Chain Swangin'.12 of 17
13. Heyyy, Fif!13 of 17
14. 50 performing at MTV's Spring Break in 2003.14 of 17
15. Lovin' Up On Kelly With Their Matching Tanks.15 of 17
16. These tanks = Perfect Boxing Attire.16 of 17
17. Being Oiled Up Never Looked So Gangsta.17 of 17
Jay Electronica Threatens To Slap 50 Cent, Calls Kendrick Lamar His “Son” was originally published on globalgrind.com