UPDATE: 02/16/16 12:21 P.M. EST
We all knew it wouldn’t be long before Floyd Mayweather had something to say about Manny Pacquiao’s comments on gay marriage. The fellow boxer was seen shopping for jewelry in NYC when he expressed his thoughts on Manny’s ignorance.
“I think we should just stay positive. I feel that we should let people live their lives the way they want to live their lives. I don’t have nothing against anyone.”
He added, “To each his own.” Floyd for the win – again. Head over to TMZ to watch the clip.
After hearing Manny Pacquiao‘s thoughts on homosexuality, we’re going to go ahead and say he shouldn’t be running for a seat on the senate in the Philippines. The 37-year-old eight-time world boxing champion went on a Filipino television program as a part of his campaigning strategy, and completely stuck his foot in his mouth.
While speaking on gay marriage, Manny had the following to say:
“It’s common sense. Will you see any animals where male is to male and female is to female?”
“The animals are better. They know how to distinguish male from female. If we approve [of] male on male, female on female, then man is worse than animals.”
Following public outrage and an ineffective attempt to clarify his comments, Manny apologized via Twitter. Speaking in Spanish, he said in a video message to his constituents:
“I’m sorry for everyone who got hurt due to my comparison of gay people (homosexuals) to animals. It was my mistake. Please forgive me for those who I’ve hurt.”
“But this does not change my position against same sex marriage. That’s what I believe. My only mistake is comparing gay people to animals.”
It’s just our two cents, but “man is worse than animals” was probably the wrong political position to take in the matter of gay marriage – that is, if you want people to vote for you. Leave your thoughts below.
SOURCE: CNN | PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Twitter, Getty
Pride, No Prejudice! The Best Pride Parade Pictures To Celebrate The LGBT Community (PHOTOS)
1. The cast of "Orange is the New Black" brings Litchfield to the NYC Pride parade.1 of 16
2. Laverne Cox makes her way through the Pride parade in NYC.Source:Getty 2 of 16
3. Cher performs at the 26th annual Dance On The Pier concert in NYC.3 of 16
4. Demi Lovato performs at the 26th annual Dance On The Pier concert in NYC.4 of 16
5. NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio walks the lavender line in the Pride parade.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. Parade-goers stop to take an 'usie' in San Francisco.6 of 16
7. Pride parade winds through the streets of NYC.7 of 16
8. Pride parade winds through the streets of NYC.8 of 16
9. Pride parade winds through the streets of NYC.9 of 16
10. Pride parade winds through the streets of NYC.Source:Getty 10 of 16
11. Pride parade winds through the streets of NYC.11 of 16
12. Pride parade winds through the streets of San Francisco.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Pride parade winds through the streets of San Francisco.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. Pride parade winds through the streets of San Francisco.14 of 16
15. Pride parade winds through the streets of NYC.Source:Getty 15 of 16
16. Pride parade winds through the streets of San Francisco.16 of 16
Manny Pacquiao Apologizes For Saying Homosexuals “Are Worse Than Animals” was originally published on globalgrind.com
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>