After having a number of impressive games in the 2013-2014 NBA season, Curry came into his own during the championship-winning 2014-2015 season. The young shooter has defied odds by chucking up half-court shots that somehow go in and can dribble through the toughest defense to make a lay-up look effortless. He took the league by storm and we’re sure his reign is far from over. In honor of Chef Curry’s birthday, we take a look back at the young ankle-breaker’s best games.
Prepare to witness greatness.
10. Effortlessly Dropping 45 points on the Portland Blazers
Steph’s performances are a little unsettling at times. His shots are beautiful and he can easily go on for 45 points without breaking a sweat. The fact that a 45-point game isn’t that impressive from Curry is both scary and amazing at the same time. With the NBA being dominated by smaller players who shoot amazingly from behind the arc and avoid contact at all costs, Curry reigns supreme.
9.Scoring 44 Points on the Championship Caliber San Antonio Spurs
While some players can’t sustain their regular season numbers in the post season, of course Curry can. In a 2013 second round playoff game, Curry showed up and showed out. Despite losing the game due to a Manu Ginobli buzzer beater, the Golden State frontman managed to score 44 points. This game proved that he’s unbeatable in the lane.
8. Showing Off Against Kobe Bryant while Scoring 47-Points
It was here that we learned just how dynamic Steph’s game is. He faced a weathered Kobe Bryant at the Staples Center and put on a show reminiscent of a young Kobe. He flashed a few behind the back passes and showed off his ability to dribble and pass with both hands. Not only did he score 47 points, but he made all 4 of his free throws. After all, it’s the little things that count.
7. Overcoming a Blowout and Destroying the Toronto Raptors
Comebacks are usually reserved for the underdogs, but they’ve somehow become a pastime for the Warriors, who like to put on a show during the fourth quarter. One of the first times Curry came back from behind was a game against the Toronto Raptors in 2013. While the Raptors initially ran amuck and were up 27 points, Curry and a beardless Klay Thompson turned the heat on and wound up winning the game by 9 points. Pretty embarrassing for any Raptors fans.
6.Going for 51 Against the Washington Wizards
In many aspects, Curry has broken so many records that he’s now fighting to break his own records. This past February, in an attempt to beat his 54-point record, Curry erupted against the Washington Wizards. Washington’s squad should’ve known they were in for a historic loss when Curry scored 25 points in the first quarter. He almost beat the record for 3-pointers made in a single game, but fell short by one bucket.
5.Dropping 51 points… Again
While other NBA players hope for one 50-point game, Curry has several. Nearly three weeks after his eruption against the Wizards, Curry did it again. His latest victim was the Orlando Magic and they too stood no chance, as Curry was 20 of 27 from the field. And that banked-in half-court buzzer beater? Icing on the cake.
4.A Playoff Sweep Against The Pelicans
In big games, it’s usually the last few seconds that matter, and Curry proved that during the 2015 playoffs when he initially missed a game-winning 3-pointer, only to recover seconds later and sink a deep 3 with two Pelican players swarming over him. The Warriors went on to sweep the Pelicans 4-0 in the opening series of the Western Conference playoffs. Don’t worry Anthony Davis, your time is coming.
3.Scoring 35 Points on James Harden’s Houston Rockets
One of the best moments of the 2015 Western Conference Finals came in Game 3 when Golden State faced off against James Harden’s Houston Rockets. Not only did Curry score 40 points, the Warriors won by a staggering 35 points. Let’s hope Lil B’s curse isn’t as effective this time around, and Harden’s squad puts up a decent fight.
2.Making a Clutch 3 pointer and dominating in Overtime
Kevin Durant didn’t know what hit him. In a game that looked like the Oklahoma City Thunder might pull off the major upset, Steph Curry suddenly came alive. After a lack-luster shooting performance, Curry tied the game with a slew of 3-pointers. Carrying his team to overtime, the baby-faced assassin somehow made an effortless shot from well behind the arch to clinch the win.
1. Dropping 53 points against the New York Knicks
Is beating the Knicks an accomplishment by any stretch of the imagination? Definitely not. But dropping 54 points on any team deserves a round of applause. Curry went off and drained 11 three-pointers and his floaters never looked prettier. Crazily enough, 50 of his 54 points were recorded in the final three-quarters. Need we mention that this came one day after a 38-point performance against the Pacers? Sheesh.
11. Baby girl on her weekly horseback riding lesson. We Gotta invest in some boots for the Ranch. Messing up my UA's lol
11 of 46
12. Happy Mother's Day to all of the mamas out there!!! I feel so blessed to be Riley's and baby#2's mommy! Now I know how my mom feels and understand the sacrifices and effort she put into raising us everyday. It is truly special. LOVE LOVE LOVE
12 of 46
13. Feeding Abigail the calf last week at Riley's lesson. Thank you @coeurdela for capturing this!
13 of 46
14. Pumpkin Patch kind of Day with my ladies! I got a nice workout in following baby girl through the bounce mazes! #strawberry
14 of 46
15. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone from the Curry family. A lot to be thankful for...
15 of 46
16. Tough night in LA but who can't smile afterwards seeing my Baby girl had the exclusives on last night! Ice-Cold ClutchFit Drives. #RileyEditions
16 of 46
17. Father Daughter #CurryOne #DarkMatter Day! #RileyOnes......and yes she does have two left shoes on 👀
17 of 46
18. Started this USA road trip. Ready to go but Gonna miss seeing these 2 everyday. #daddyneedshisgirls
18 of 46
19. Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter! She's blessed us with so many laughs and memories so far and can't explain how much I love this little girl. She woke up to a room full of balloons and her family ready to celebrate. Hope she had some idea of what's going on! #2
19 of 46
20. Blessed to spend Resurrection Sunday with my family at True Love Worship. Coach Jackson bought a great word! @ishiboolovesyou
20 of 46
21. Had a great time with the fam today on this beautiful resurrection Sunday. Miss you @wardell30 ... Check out Riley's foot pop! Hello 6 month belly... @kicknitcoseezy was in the house too!
21 of 46
22. What a day! Started out with a rock climbing play date, then off to her favorite horseback riding lessons. She even got to feed a baby calf today! So exciting for both myself and Riley!!! I am loving this age!!! 2.5 😍☺️
22 of 46
23. Could quite possibly be my favorite pic of all time! From our Cinderella adventures yesterday ☺️☺️☺️
23 of 46
24. Last nights family affair! 3.14 #matchymatchy
24 of 46
25. So excited to be halfway there!!! I know these next 4 1/2 ish months are going to fly by!!! 😘😘😘 so grateful
25 of 46
26 of 46
27. That face! Those lips! 😍😍😍 #whyareyougrowinguponme
27 of 46
28. Had THE best little date with my baby girl! #mommydaughtertime
28 of 46
29 of 46
30. Love my little girl!!!!! 😍😍☺️
30 of 46
31. I can't thank the lord enough for my little family. I'm the happiest girl on the planet.... Thank you @coeurdela !
31 of 46
32 of 46
33. #latergram .... I love my girl!!!
33 of 46
34. So excited for the plane ride! She asked me where her pretzels were LOL! How does she know that?
34 of 46
35. Riley giving daddy some love pre game. @wardell30
35 of 46
36. Pumpkin patchin' it yesterday with Riley and @wardell30 ... A sweet strawberry in a field of pumpkins.
36 of 46
37. My heart can't really take much more 😍😍😍
37 of 46
38. Happy Easter! Happy ressurection Sunday! Remembering that #jesuspaiditall. Still had to take a cute pic of my sweeties. 😊😍 #blessedbeyondmeasure
38 of 46
39. Morning bliss... feeling blessed.
39 of 46
40. New shoes
40 of 46
41. I love her! #morningselfies
41 of 46
42. My little mama at dinner tonight! She was such a trooper! So excited to be in NOLA! Woo!
42 of 46
43. "You talking to me?!" #rayban #babysunnies #finallyfit
43 of 46
44. My little bumblebee :)
44 of 46
45. Baby girl is 6 months today! Can I stop the clock now?
45 of 46
46 of 46
Continue reading Every Time Steph Curry’s Daughter Riley Stole The Spotlight
Every Time Steph Curry’s Daughter Riley Stole The Spotlight