This marks the third time Sager has battled leukemia since being diagnosed with the disease in 2014. In an interview set to air Tuesday on HBO’s Real Sports, the 64-year-old reveals that he has a tough road ahead, and he’s now in “uncharted waters.”
“I’ve already had two stem-cell transplants. Very rarely does somebody have a third. So I have to maintain my strength so I can go through this,” Sager tells HBO correspondent Bernard Goldman.
But he’s clearly ready to fight the good fight.
“Still kicking, still fighting. I haven’t won the battle. It’s not over yet, but I haven’t lost it either. There have been some victories and some setbacks. I still have to fight it, and I still have a lot of work to do,” he says triumphantly.
Sager is still scheduled to appear on the NBA on TNT broadcasts through April, according to Yahoo! Sports.
Tune into Real Sports Tuesday night on HBO to watch the interview in full, and view the stoic trailer up top.
11 Celebrities Who've Battled Cancer
1. Sophia VergaraSource:Splash News 1 of 11
2. Angelina JolieSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. Leah StillSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. Big AngSource:Splash News 4 of 11
5. Hugh JackmanSource:Getty Images 5 of 11
6. Brandi MaxielleSource:Kass for The Brand Group 6 of 11
7. Robin RobertsSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. Stuart ScottSource:Getty 8 of 11
9. Giuliana RancicSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Taylor Swift's mom, Andrea Swift.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Diem BrownSource:Splash News 11 of 11
Famed Sports Reporter Craig Sager Reveals His Leukemia Is No Longer In Remission was originally published on globalgrind.com