This is dope.
The three power players teamed up for a collaborative song “This Is For My Girls,” in support of First Lady Michelle Obama‘s Let Girls Learn initiative, which aims to help over 62 million girls around the world get an education.
Obviously, the accompanying video has to be epic – and that’s where Makers Stories comes in. From PEOPLE:
AOL is using the new app, MAKERS STORIES, to crowd-source videos from women across the globe. Then, 50 of those clips will be culled together and included in the “This Is for My Girls” music video. On May 23, the entire epic clip will premiere at the United State of Women, a summit organized by the White House to champion the accomplishments of women and girls.
Zendaya launched Makers Stories and had this to say in a clip on the app: “Sticking with your vision and what you believe in is so, so important. There are so many people that are going to tell you what you should think of yourself, and it’s so important that you look at yourself, you become happy with yourself and confident in your own opinions and your own strength – and stay with that because it’s so hard, especially if you’re young. People always want to doubt you.”
We told you – dope. Listen to “This Is For My Girls” here.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
A Look Back: Michelle Obama’s Best Looks At Past State Of The Union Addresses
1. The State Of The Union Address In 2009.Source: 1 of 8
2. The State Of The Union Address In 2010.Source: 2 of 8
3. The State Of The Union Address In 2011.Source: 3 of 8
4. The State Of The Union Address in 2012.Source: 4 of 8
5. The State Of The Union Address In 2013.Source: 5 of 8
6. State Of The Union Address in 2014.Source: 6 of 8
7. State Of The Union Address 2015.Source: 7 of 8
8. Michelle Obama 2016.Source: 8 of 8
Here’s Your Chance To Be In A Video With Missy Elliott, Kelly Clarkson, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>