The Black Mamba went out with a bang and broke records while doing so, but what else should we have expected from the legendary NBA star on his big night? He scored a whopping 60 points, making Kobe the oldest player to ever score that much in a game. Also, Michael Jordan only scored 50 points in his final game, so there’s that.
After beating the Utah Jazz, Kobe flexed in Spanish and took some champagne to the face – and the world hasn’t stopped talking about his outstanding exit since. L.A. Laker Roy Hibbert said the team was happy to pass the ball to Kobe 50 times. “We knew that it was his time and we let him get as many shots as he wanted,” the center told TMZ.
The Bulls, who previously held the record for most wins in a season, showed the Warriors some love too.
Obviously, it was a big night for Steph, but he set aside his own victorious moment to honor Kobe.
But the star Warrior is only one celebrity in a flood of high-profile names that congratulated Kobe on his retirement and historic 20-year career.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Twitter
The World's Highest-Paid Athletes
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.Source:Getty 1 of 20
2. Manny PacquiaoSource:Getty 2 of 20
3. Cristiano RonaldoSource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Lionel MessiSource:Getty 4 of 20
5. Roger FedererSource:Getty 5 of 20
6. LeBron JamesSource:Getty 6 of 20
7. Kevin DurantSource:Getty 7 of 20
8. Phil MickelsonSource:Getty 8 of 20
9. Tiger WoodsSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. Kobe BryantSource:Splash News 10 of 20
11. Ben RoethlisbergerSource:Getty 11 of 20
12. Rory McIlroySource:Getty 12 of 20
13. Novak DjokovicSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. Zlatan IbrahimovicSource:Getty 14 of 20
15. Lewis HamiltonSource:Splash 15 of 20
16. Ndamukong SuhSource:Getty 16 of 20
17. Fernando AlonsoSource:Getty 17 of 20
18. Gareth BaleSource:Getty 18 of 20
19. Jon LesterSource:Getty 19 of 20
20. Derrick RoseSource:Getty 20 of 20
#MambaOut: President Obama & More React To Kobe Bryant’s Retirement & Record-Breaking Finale was originally published on globalgrind.com
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>