Kanye West may have to eat his words (again).
TIDAL subscriber Justin Baker-Rhett has filed a class action lawsuit in San Francisco’s U.S. District Court against Yeezy, claiming the rapper tricked him and millions of other fans into signing up for the music streaming service in order to listen to The Life of Pablo.
When the album first dropped, Kanye made it clear the LP would only be available via TIDAL and would never see a physical release. Ever. Well, weeks later, Mr. West announced the “album of the life” would be available on Spotify and Apple Music, backtracking on his previous statement.
Baker-Rhett’s lawyer Jay Edelson released a statement regarding the suit: “We fully support the right of artists to express themselves freely and creatively, however creative freedom is not a license to mislead the public. We believe that we will be able to prove to a jury that Mr. West and Tidal tricked millions of people into subscribing to their services and that they will ultimately be held accountable for what they did.”
TIDAL is also named in the lawsuit. Baker-Rhett wants the service to remove all information collected on users who signed up to receive Kanye’s album.
“Mr. West’s promise of exclusivity also had a grave impact on consumer privacy,” the lawsuit reads, claiming subscriber info could be worth upwards of $84 million.
Will Kanye West sound off on Twitter again?
SOURCE: AP | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Every Time North West Channeled Kanye West
1. "Stand back Kim, I'll handle this."Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. Completely and utterly fed up.Source:Splash News 2 of 10
3. North tries to figure out what everyone's deal is.Source:Splash News 3 of 10
4. North only smiles in front of cameras sometimes–just like dad.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Kanye & Nori express some concern.Source:Splash News 5 of 10
6. His x Hers.Source:Splash News 6 of 10
7. Daddy's baby.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. North protects her mom, just like dad would.Source:Splash News 8 of 10
9. North clowns the paparazzi, just like dad would if he were there...Source:Splash News 9 of 10
10. North captures Kanye's 2012 swag.Source:Getty 10 of 10
This Fan Is Suing Kanye West & TIDAL Over “The Life Of Pablo” Release was originally published on globalgrind.com
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>