Summer Sixteen is going to be so lit.
Unfortunately, if you’re expecting the third installment of Cudi’s Man On The Moon series, you’re not going to get it. In an interview with Billboard, Cudder said “people should just get that off their mind. That’s not ever going to happen.”
Cudi also discussed people’s negative response to Speedin’ Bullet, citing depression as the reason for its dark theme.
“Speedin’ Bullet was my last outing as the dark, depressing character that people place me as. I needed to get that out of me and that was the only way I could do it. I didn’t want to come back to hip-hop making that type of music. We did that already,” he said. “Playing rock was my way of saying, ‘F*ck everyone.’ It wasn’t well-received…The last thing I was catering to was the world.”
Cudi also discussed his friendship with Kanye and their studio reunion while recording The Life of Pablo.
“Me and Kanye are brothers. With family, there’s always going to be issues and shit. That was the first time I had been around him and his team in a while. In order to get back into the creative process, we had to talk. I’m not one of those people who’s just going to come around after a while, jump in and make music. We needed to have a big bro, lil bro convo. As soon as we had that, we were good. Whatever we were dealing with, it was a beautiful thing to clear the air about. I’m really happy to be back working with my friends.”
Not only will we get a new LP from Cudi this summer, but we’ll also get more music from him and Ye on Kanye’s forthcoming album, Turbo Grafx 16.
SOURCE: Billboard | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Ladies Love Purple Prince: 19 Women Who Ruled Prince's World
1. Singer and percussionist Sheila E shot to stardom after working with Prince during the 'Purple Rain' era.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. Mayte Garcia was Prince's dancer when they met. The couple married in 1996 and divorced in 2000 after the death of their child.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. Stop the press! Prince had more than just an eye for Kim Basinger during the filming of 'Batman'.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. Manuela Testolini was married to Prince from 2001 to 2006.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. Misty Copeland performed with Prince on his tours in the 2000s. Were they romantically linked? You tell us!Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Bria Valentine collaborated with Prince musically and also dated him in the 2000s.Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. Nona Gaye worked musically with Prince in the 1990s and has also been romantically linked to The Purple One.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. Before hating each other's guts, Madonna and Prince dated very briefly in 1985 and recorded a duet on Madonna's album 'Like A Prayer'.Source:Getty 8 of 9
9. The rumor is that Prince and Ananda Lewis dated once upon a time. Regardless, Ananda is devastated over The Purple One's death.Source:Getty 9 of 9
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>