Ending months of speculation, the White House announced Sunday that Malia Obama will attend Harvard University.
But the 17-year-old will not head directly to the university in Cambridge, Massachusetts after graduating from Sidwell Friends this spring, she “will take a gap year before beginning school,” reads the statement from the East Wing. Instead, she will enroll in the fall of 2017.
From The Washington Post:
In September, President Obama shared some advice he had given college-bound Malia: Don’t worry too much about which school you choose — advice that the rest of the world has completely ignored.
The where-will-she-go fever hadn’t died down since Malia made headlines in 2014 by wearing a Stanford University T-shirt on a bike ride with her dad. The wild guessing game was immediately on, with first-family watchers piecing together clues and parsing her visits to more than a dozen colleges.
Would she attend any of her parents’ alma maters? Head to California to get a slice of West Coast living? Or stay closer to the District, where the post-White House Obamas will park until Sasha, 14, graduates from high school?
President Obama graduated from Harvard Law School in 1991.
What do you think Malia will do during her year off?
SOURCE: Washington Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Sasha & Malia Obama Are Becoming The Ultimate Role Models
1. Say Cheese!Source:Getty 1 of 19
2. Chillin'Source:Getty 2 of 19
3. Laid BackSource:Getty 3 of 19
4. Daddy's Little GirlSource:Getty 4 of 19
5. Too Cool For SchoolSource:Getty 5 of 19
6. Main SqueezeSource:Getty 6 of 19
7. Family PortraitSource:Getty 7 of 19
8. Smooches!Source:Getty 8 of 19
9. SpeechlessSource:Getty 9 of 19
10. Lady In RedSource:Getty 10 of 19
11. Walk This WaySource:Getty 11 of 19
12. Sister, SisterSource:Getty 12 of 19
13. Dressed To The NinesSource:Getty 13 of 19
14. Class ActSource:Getty 14 of 19
15. Jet SetSource:Getty 15 of 19
16. Holiday SpiritSource:Getty 16 of 19
17. State Dinner StyleSource:Getty 17 of 19
18. Hand In HandSource:Getty 18 of 19
19. Like Mother, Like DaughterSource:Getty 19 of 19
Malia Obama Will Take Year Off Before Heading To Harvard was originally published on newsone.com