Prince fans rejoice.
TIDAL has just added 15 more of the artist’s albums to its library just in time for his birthday. Head over to TIDAL now, and you’ll be able to stream everything from his 1999 remix EP to One Nite Alone… The Aftershow: It Ain’t Over.
Other gems added to the library include the Girl 6 soundtrack. The new additions join the company of classics Purple Rain, Dirty Mind, Controversy, and more.
Prince was vocal in his support of TIDAL before his passing. Not only did he remove his music from all other streaming services, but he also released his HITNRUN albums as TIDAL exclusives.
“[Tidal has] a million-plus subscribers. Spotify has 10. So if you imagine a million people in front of you? That’s a lot of people,” Prince told Ebony last year. “So you gotta talk to them and you getting ready to drop something and all of ‘em are gonna get it. What do you wanna say? How are you gonna move all of ‘em? Oh, now it gets interesting. It’s always going to be the peanut gallery and that’s all right.”
More than anything else, Prince just wanted to see artists get their credit where it was due.
“The catalog has to be protected,” he continued. “And some of our fans were actually disingenuous. Taking the time to get their playlists together and yeah, it’s gone. Now you got to actually go subscribe to get the music that you lost on Spotify. Spotify wasn’t paying, so you gotta shut it down.”
SOURCE: Ebony via Billboard | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Aura God: Remembering Prince's Most Iconic Ensembles
1. Aura God.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The ruffle shirt. Enough said.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Prince never shied away from sparkle, and we loved it.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Before Cam'ron did it...Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. That cane...simply legendary.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Regardless of what you think of his fashion, you can't deny he pulled every man's fair share of women.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. In addition to his clothing, Prince knew how to make a statement with his hair.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. That time he wore high heels. Respect his fearlessness.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Stylin'.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. In his last Grammy speech, Prince said: "Like books and black lives, albums still matter."Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Rest in peace, Prince.Source:Getty 11 of 11
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>