Another year, another XXL Freshman Class.
The hip-hop magazine maintains that picking this year’s class was just as tough as in previous years, but they managed to come to a conclusion that’s a pretty accurate picture of today’s rap climate.
Dave East, Lil Yachty, G.O.O.D Music’s Desiigner, Denzel Curry, G Herbo, Lil Uzi Vert, Anderson .Paak, 21 Savage, Lil Dicky, and Kodak Black were all selected by the magazine’s staff. One big thing ismissing from this year’s class: There are no women in it.
Last year’s cover featured Tink, Shy Glizzy, K Camp, Raury Goldlink, OG Maco, Vince Staples, DeJ Loaf, Fetty Wap, and fan-voted freshman Kidd Kidd. With all things considered, everyone on last year’s list had a pretty solid 2015, with Fetty Wap being the breakout star.
Congratulations to all the artists who made this year’s freshman cover. Stay locked for their forthcoming freestyles.
PHOTO CREDIT: XXL
16 Artists To Watch In 2016
1. NAOSource:NAO / Soundcloud 1 of 10
2. BellySource:Roc Nation 2 of 10
3. Alessia CaraSource:Alessia/ Meredith Trux 3 of 10
4. Cool AmerikaSource:Alliance Music Group 4 of 10
5. Eryn Allen KaneSource:Eryn Kane 5 of 10
6. Tory LanezSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. KamaiyahSource:Kamaiyah/ BMG Records 7 of 10
8. Anderson .PaakSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. PNB RockSource:PNB Rock/ Atlantic Records 9 of 10
10. AbraSource:Abra / Awful Records 10 of 10
Anderson .Paak, Desiigner, Kodak Black, & More Make 2016 XXL Freshman List was originally published on globalgrind.com