Jordan Rakei – “Blame It On The Youth”
Brisbane-based recording artist Jordan Rakei has a knack for infectious soul rhythms. That fact became evident following the release of his Groove Curse EP, (follow-up to Franklin’s Room), which Rakei describes as “raw” and “vocal-driven.” His debut album, Cloak, is available now. Get into “Blame It On The Youth” from the upcoming project, then go behind the scenes of the album’s making.
Masego – “Send Yo’ Rita!”
“YOU GON’ LEARN SOME JAZZ TODAY,” Masego proclaims in the intro to his latest project, Loose Thoughts. In this Justin Timberlake-sampled cut, the DMV-based jazz vocalist, saxophonist, and producer melds trap and house for an experience that’s melodically fetching. You’ll want to wait for that sax solo. Loose Thoughts can be streamed here.
Mabel – “Thinking Of You”
Mabel first made waves when she dropped “Know Me Better” last year. Three months ago, the UK breakthrough pop/R&B artist — who’s also the daughter of Neneh Cherry — was featured on SBTRKT‘s surprise SAVE YOURSELF EP. Now she returns with her latest, “Thinking Of You,” and the internet’s already pining for more. Press play and see what the fuss is about. She also just dropped the official video.
Trim – “Man Like Me”
Trim was recently picked up from the UK grime scene by James Blake’s 1-800-DINOSAUR. While the music label prepares to release his full-length debut next month, Trim serves listeners with calm raps over a wayward instrumental, illustrating the complementary beauty of sonic contrast. 1-800-DINOSAUR Presents Trim drops July 29.
THEY. – “Say When”
Whether THEY. expected it or not, last year’s Nu Religion proved to be a catalyst to a year of major wins. Beats 1 Radio nods aside, the R&B duo has since embarked on a world tour with Bryson Tiller, and even earned a co-sign from prolific producer god Timbaland. Their debut LP, HYENA, is just around the corner, and if “Say When” is any indication of what else to expect, you can best believe the boys are Not. Playing. Games.
SEE MORE ON TUD:
RED CARPET RECAP: The 2016 Billboard Music Awards
1. Ciara served up seven wardrobe changes as the night's hostess, but our favorite has to be this barely-there dress she wore on the carpet.Source:Getty 1 of 21
2. Britney Spears left little to the imagination in a lacy, sheer ensemble that put her underwear on full display.Source:Getty 2 of 21
3. Keke Palmer's pedicure caught heat on social media, but she filled out the red latex quite nicely on the carpet.Source:Getty 3 of 21
4. Snapchat king DJ Khaled suited up in all black.Source:Getty 4 of 21
5. Wiz Khalifa kept it casual, per usual.Source:Getty 5 of 21
6. Before shutting down the stage, Rihanna arrived in a short frock and patterned heels.Source:Getty 6 of 21
7. Ariana Grande nearly took a not-so-gracious fall in her gown.Source:Getty 7 of 21
8. How stunning is Priyanka Chopra?Source:Getty 8 of 21
9. Demi Lovato worked an all-black pantsuit.Source:Getty 9 of 21
10. Zendaya can do no wrong. She wore Fausto Puglisi separates in the perfect summer tone.Source:Getty 10 of 21
11. Laverne Cox arrived wearing Michael Costello.Source:Getty 11 of 21
12. Kelly Rowland offered major goddess vibes and we're here for it.Source:Getty 12 of 21
13. Chris Tucker walked hand-in-hand with his gorgeous date.Source:Getty 13 of 21
14. Kesha went the menswear route and paired the look with heels.Source:Getty 14 of 21
15. Are you feeling Seal's yellow shoes?Source:Getty 15 of 21
16. One of the night's hosts, Ludacris, walked the carpet with wife, Eudoxie.Source:Getty 16 of 21
17. Ty Dolla $ign wore a checkered button-up and dark sunglasses.Source:Getty 17 of 21
18. Nick Jonas's 'fit was simple and suave.Source:Getty 18 of 21
19. We see you, Jessica!Source:Getty 19 of 21
20. Michael Strahan appeared to be unfazed by the drama surrounding his departure from LIVE! with Kelly.Source:Getty 20 of 21
21. Ashton Kutcher stepped out for the evening's festivities as well.Source:Getty 21 of 21
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>