We’ve had to do a lot of guessing where Future is concerned; except for a random (and revealing) tweet here and there, he tends to keep his thoughts pretty bottled up.
Somehow, Rolling Stone got the 32-year-old rapper to open up (sort of) and talk about what we’re most interested in, namely his childhood, rise to fame, the demise of his relationship with Ciara, and his thoughts on her new fiancée Russell Wilson caring for his Baby Future.
It seems he’s had some time to put it all into perspective, as he tells the publication he really wants CiCi to be happy and he’d never wish failure on her. He also admits it will take him some time to accept the new man in his son’s life, before dishing on his own rocky, drug-infested upbringing.
Here are a few interesting excerpts.
On his Honest album not doing well following his split from Ciara:
“I was scared as shit. I was one step away from being married, and I feel like I failed publicly in relationships. Then you want to go back to doing music, to what you know. And if the people didn’t accept you again, the one thing you feel like you can fall back on, it walked away from you. You feel like it’s over.”
On the rumor he wanted Ciara to fail:
“I would never wish that. Her being successful, her being happy, helps me. I’m attached to you. If you’re happy, I’m happy. You’re connected for life. I don’t want you to go through this s–t and for it to come back on my son, my kid. I want you to be in the best situation.”
On Russell Wilson:
“It’s something that’ll take more time for me. It ain’t even about [him] playing daddy. I don’t even want to think about it. That’s my son forever. My son is going to be able to read this. He’s going to be able to look at those pictures. He’s going to be able to have a judgment for himself, and have a conversation with me man-to-man. That’s my blood. He is me. I am him. We is one.”
On his family home being robbed when he was a kid:
“The worst thing that happened,” he says without emotion, “was, I was in my grandma’s house, and some robbers came in and kicked in the door.” He was six or seven years old. The assailants tied everyone up during the robbery. “At the time,” Future says, “it wasn’t even traumatic. I come from that kind of family. I had to get over it.”
If you really want to delve deep into the musical mind that is Future, head over to Rolling Stone to read the full story. He talks about setting the studio vibe with tons and tons of women, being arrested “too many times,” and how he got his childhood nickname “Meathead.”
SOURCE: Rolling Stone | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
19 Interesting Facts You Might Not Have Known About Future
1. His full government name is Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Former fiancee Ciara has a tattoo of the letter "N" on her ring finger for Nayvadius.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. His stage name was born when members of the hip-hop musical collective, The Dungeon Family, called him "The Future."Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. Before he was Future, he was known as Meathead of Da Connect.Source:Hennessy 4 of 8
5. He was shot in the right hand at the age of 14 or 15.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Future wrote the hook for Ludacris' "Blueberry Yum Yum."Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. Future is a fan of Shakespeare. He's said, ""When I went to school, I would read Shakespeare and just fell in love with how he mixed his words. I started playing around and writing poems, reading poems."Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. As a kid, he learned the lyrics to all of Too $hort's songs.Source:Getty 8 of 8
Future Gets Real About Ciara, Russell Wilson, & Drug Use was originally published on globalgrind.com
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>