According to the Daily Mail, Cannon says he’s disappointed by both the Republican and Democratic parties, citing negligence to acknowledge Black issues as well as the Black vote.
“You are messing with our peace of mind,” he said. “We can’t operate as Americans when we can’t walk outside and feel safe. We are going to be out here for the entire convention and make sure our voices are heard.”
Cannon wasn’t alone. Alongside the rapper and comedian was a slew of Black Lives Matters protesters who filled the streets as the Republican National Convention took place.
“My community brought me down here today and the lack of representation for my community brought me down here today,” Cannon added. “We are just crying for help and we are losing lives by the hour.”
The presence of law enforcement has been amplified in Ohio since the shooting of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge. The shootings came in the wake of the murders of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, who were laid to rest last week.
5. Kevin Hart challenged his celeb friends to help make a change
5 of 21
6. Halle Berry shared a photo of her son, saying, "What will my brown son's future be? What will your brown son's future be? The uncertainty is real. I beg you not to be a bystander in this life, but to go out and find ways to make peaceful change. Our boys need us so rather than launching into deep sentiment here on this platform, I promise to find ways to get involved and help."
6 of 21
7. Danielle Brooks wants to know: What's going on?
11. Amber Rose shared an adorable photo of her son Sebastian, saying, "I woke up this morning to my beautiful son with such a heavy heart. I grabbed my baby and kissed him, hugged him, told him how beautiful his skin and hair is and let him know that one day he will be able to change the world and I will love him and accept him no matter what."
11 of 21
12. Ashanti spoke out on freedom.
12 of 21
13. Boris Kodjoe wants the answers.
13 of 21
14. Trey Songz ranted.
14 of 21
15. Usher has a question for the people.
15 of 21
16. Ms. Tina Knowles shared a pic of herself watching CNN, writing, "Oh my God ! This is horrible !! Please pray for the fallen officers, and the injured ones and their families. The violence has got to stop. Love not hate is the answer. No one has the right to take another persons life ! Not to take our black men's lives and not police officers either. "
16 of 21
17. Tyrese vented.
17 of 21
18. Nick Cannon addressed the former Congressman that threatened President Obama