We can’t be the only people scratching our heads over this one.
Troy Ave is reportedly suing Irving Plaza and its parent company, Live Nation, for the shooting he was allegedly involved in this past May. According to PIX 11 News, the rapper has filed a lawsuit against the concert venue for allowing a gun inside the building.
In the complaint, the rapper, born Roland Collins, 30, blames Irving Plaza’s lax security measures for allowing a gun to enter the venue, which led to the shooting of two victims and the death of his friend Ronald “B$B Banga” McPhatter.
The May shooting occurred at the NYC event space during a T.I. concert. The Atlanta rapper never made it on stage, but he expressed his condolences to all the victims and his fans.
While video surveillance of the shooting implicates Troy Ave, the Brooklyn MC also sustained a gunshot wound to the leg. He was later arrested on a multitude of charges, and eventually posted a $500,000 bond to be released.
Despite the murder of his longtime friend Ronald McPhatter, NYPD detectives claim Troy Ave is not cooperating with police to help find the culprit.
We doubt this lawsuit will hold up in court, but it’s a strategic move for Troy’s upcoming trial.
SOURCE: PIX 11, Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said During His Breakfast Club Interview
1. "What have I done? I saved a whole generation of people from being drug addicts, and turning up, & wearing tight pants."Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. "I'm the one who put it out there that you can't mix & match brands. I put that out there."Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. "For someone to try to tear me down, or slander me is like...it's like modern-day slavery...."Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. "I only want to make $5 million dollars. $5 million, I'ma be rich forever."Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. "What's 1000 x 5? What 500,000? 50,000?"Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. "I'm like Jackie Robinson with a racist fan. Or like Michael Jordan when he's seen putting his hand up and someone in the crowd is like 'hey, f*ck you!'"Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. "I just came from Miami...my life is getting crazy!"Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. "These aren't regular sneakers. These are the high top Air Force 1s, they're a little more money than the low top. I wouldn't do the low top. You feel me?"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. "I got 11,000 in my pocket, but I don't care cause I'm focused."Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. "When I see him [Manolo Rose], I'll probably give him a wedgie or slam him or some shit."Source:Getty 10 of 10
Troy Ave Reportedly Suing Irving Plaza & Live Nation For May Shooting was originally published on globalgrind.com