Pharrell Williams is still putting in work.
The hip-hop superstar produced and composed the music for upcoming film Hidden Figures and over the weekend, he premiered an original song from the soundtrack. Titled “I See A Victory,” singer Kim Burrell and gospel choir Echoes of Praise performed the new track at the Toronto International Film Festival alongside Pharrell on Saturday.
Sitting next to Hidden Figures stars Octavia Spencer, Taraji P. Henson, and Janelle Monae, Pharrell said candidly, “Working on this film and knowing these women’s stories is super inspiring and something’s occurred to me—that, like, all throughout our history in this country, the African-American woman has held us down as men. Right? And we’ve tried so hard on our own to fix these problems. I don’t know, call me crazy—they always do in these scenarios—but I really, honestly think that the African-American woman is going to help solve a lot of problems in a lot of ways and be inspirational in a lot of ways. Like I said, they held us down when we needed them to but I honestly see that there’s a future where they will be elevating us and lifting us up.”
Watch the world premiere of “I See A Victory” at the 14:30 mark in the video above. Hidden Figures tells the story of three women (played by Henson, Monae, and Spencer) who help launch astronaut John Glenn into space; the film is slated for a January 13, 2017 release.
SOURCE: EW | PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, Facebook
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.Source:Getty 1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.Source:Getty 2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.Source:Getty 3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.Source:Getty 4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.Source:Getty 6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."Source:Getty 7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?Source:Getty 8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.Source:Getty 9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.Source:Getty 10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.Source:Getty 14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.Source:Getty 15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.Source:Getty 16 of 16
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>