Nasis one of the most celebrated rappers in hip hop, so it comes as no surprise that a mural was made in likeness, in his hometown of Queens, New York.
But the rap king felt otherwise when he got his first glimpse of the mural. Nas stopped by Jimmy Kimmel Live and revealed how he first felt when he heard that a French artist had painted that mural of him in Queensbridge. He confessed, “It scared me because usually when they put a mural up of someone in the neighborhood it’s because he’s dead. But it’s a huge honor. I hope that the kids out there see it as an example…if you have a dream go after it.”
Nas also opened up about his upcoming album and when fans can expect it to drop. Although he got everyone hype with his song “Nas Album Done” on DJ Khaled’s Major Key project, there’s no concrete answer on when we can expect the new Escobar album. He told Kimmel, “Things are changing, music is changing…I got to feel it. It’s all about the feeling.”
Check out Nas’ interview with Jimmy Kimmel and his performance with Erykah Badu above.
1. You get dope-ass onstage pics straight from Nasty.
1 of 25
2. Like, really cool images of God's son at work.
2 of 25
3. Classic family throwbacks.
3 of 25
4. Vintage Nas and his pops.
4 of 25
5. Adorable moments with his daughter, Destiny.
5 of 25
6. And he stans for her: "It's so ILL to see @LipMatic launch. Scoop that up! Made for beautiful lips everywhere.... Created by my very own Princess Destiny. It's great to watch her plans unfold! #lipmatic"
6 of 25
7. Very rarely, he'll also show a pic of his son Knight.
7 of 25
8. Let's not forget the fact that he is related to Yara Shahidi from "Black-ish."
8 of 25
9. Up close and personal pics of his bling.
9 of 25
10. His jewelry game really is on point.
10 of 25
11. Vacation pics that'll make you envious.
11 of 25
12. Just views on views on views.
12 of 25
13. His shoe game is impeccable too.
13 of 25
14. Cool artwork that calls for unity: "Place your hand with mine."
14 of 25
15. And he also calls for justice. Caption: "I CANT BREATHE!!!"
15 of 25
16. His love for literature is also on point.
16 of 25
17. He lets us get a sneak peek of some in-studio shenanigans with Madonna.
17 of 25
18. There are some questionable fashion choices...
18 of 25
19. ...but we look past those because ... this!!!
19 of 25
20. Even when he's turnt, he looks super chill.
20 of 25
21. He has profound convos with collaborators and fellow legends such as Q-Tip.
21 of 25
22. And has hilarious chats with former nemesis Jay Z.
22 of 25
23. AND Henry Louis Gates. "Too Black, Too STRONG!!"
23 of 25
24. The time he was casually dropping some knowledge at Harvard.
24 of 25
25. Lastly, may we never forget the time he made this kid's entire day because he had the same haircut.
25 of 25
Continue reading God’s Son On Social Media: 25 Reasons You Should Follow Nas On Instagram
God's Son On Social Media: 25 Reasons You Should Follow Nas On Instagram