It seems that the issue lies within his bail restrictions. He’s not able to perform and therefore, isn’t making any money. XXL reports:
Following his release on a $500,000 bond on July 11, Troy Ave has been under some pretty strict restrictions. Following Judge Ronald Zweibel’s orders, Ave, born Roland Collins, has to obey an 11 p.m. curfew and stay out of nightclubs and concert halls as he awaits a decision on if his bail conditions will be loosened. Troy will now have to wait an additional month for the judge’s answer as his court date has been rescheduled for Nov. 4.
The rapper’s lawyer claims he is barely getting by.
The bail restrictions have reportedly put a hurting on the rapper’s pockets. According to Ave’s lawyer, John Stella, the entertainer is “barely getting by,” reports DNAInfo.
Another limitation of Troy’s bail is that the rapper is not allowed outside of New York state lines and has to remain in the five boroughs, XXL reports. The bail conditions have resulted in Collins missing a heap of tour dates—approximately 50—and have left him unable to schedule any new performances.
There’s also the matter of whether he should release new music without being able to fully promote it. XXL continues:
Garnering between $6,000 to $10,000 a show, according to Stella, the rapper is unable able to make money in additional ways because touring drives everything else. The rapper’s lawyer additionally argued, “it’s hard to release music if he can’t promote it with live performances.”
Troy Ave is facing attempted murder charges following a fatal shootout at Irving Plaza back in May. Should the judge let him return to the stage?
SOURCE: XXL | PHOTO CREDIT: Johnny Nunez / Getty
10 Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said During His Breakfast Club Interview
1. "What have I done? I saved a whole generation of people from being drug addicts, and turning up, & wearing tight pants."Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. "I'm the one who put it out there that you can't mix & match brands. I put that out there."Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. "For someone to try to tear me down, or slander me is like...it's like modern-day slavery...."Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. "I only want to make $5 million dollars. $5 million, I'ma be rich forever."Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. "What's 1000 x 5? What 500,000? 50,000?"Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. "I'm like Jackie Robinson with a racist fan. Or like Michael Jordan when he's seen putting his hand up and someone in the crowd is like 'hey, f*ck you!'"Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. "I just came from Miami...my life is getting crazy!"Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. "These aren't regular sneakers. These are the high top Air Force 1s, they're a little more money than the low top. I wouldn't do the low top. You feel me?"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. "I got 11,000 in my pocket, but I don't care cause I'm focused."Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. "When I see him [Manolo Rose], I'll probably give him a wedgie or slam him or some shit."Source:Getty 10 of 10
Troy Ave Is Seriously Struggling After Being Released From Jail was originally published on globalgrind.com