In the words of Jay Z, “difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week” – and there’s nothing impossible for the hip-hop mogul.
Hov is among 24 nominees for the 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame, becoming the first rapper ever to be nominated for the honor, USA Today reports. Songwriters become eligible for induction into the organization after having a songwriting career that spans at least 20 years. For Jay, the timing was absolutely perfect; his debut album Reasonable Doubt was released in 1996.
Fellow nominees include Madonna, Bryan Adams, George Michael, Gloria Estefan, Cat Stevens, Sylvester “Sly Stone” Stewart, and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, to name a few. The chosen group of five individual writers or writing teams will be inducted in a ceremony in June.
SOUCE: USA Today | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Jay Z & Robert De Niro At The 2016 amfAR New York City Gala
1. Jay Z, Robert De Niro, and His Wife Grace HightowerSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Jay Z & Robert De Niro Share A Few Drinks At The 2016 amfAR Gala.Source:Getty 2 of 7
3. Jay Z and Robert De NiroSource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Jay Z, Robert De Niro, & Harvey WeinsteinSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Jay Z and Robert De NiroSource:Getty 5 of 7
6. Jay Z and Grace HightowerSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Jay Z and Robert De NiroSource:Getty 7 of 7
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>