Is there anything Shia LaBeouf can’t do?
On Friday, the actor stopped by Sway in the Morning and murdered the “Five Fingers of Death” freestyle. LaBeouf rapped over legendary beats from artists like Missy Elliott, Tupac Shakur, Snoop Dogg and The Notorious B.I.G — all of which he cites as inspirations.
In one rhyme, he recites, “1Oak, that’s a dumb club/I don’t go there, but I get dumb love/Legend bitch, trash you heard, that’s all alleged bitch/Plagiarists stay makin’ shit/Greatest gifts come from painful shit/Truth is? I’mma true G/Only white kid with Big in a Coogi tatted to me/And Tupac too, and Missy on my two knees/Dude, please askin’ bout my tats like a groupie/Whenever the truth’s required, I’m hired/I’m the go-to guy for fire.”
The Transformers star has always had a knack for rapping. We can’t forget Shia’s time with the D-Tent Boys from one of his first films, Holes.
Check out the dope video above.
SOURCE: MTV News | PHOTO CREDIT: Taylor Hill / Getty
10 Rappers With Unexpected Side Businesses
1. Pharrell Williams recently announced he's teaming with upscale grocery store Dean & DeLuca to offer a line called "The Williams Family Kitchen" inspired by authentic recipes straight from the Williams family.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. 2 Chainz never forgets where he came from. The rapper once revealed that he's a landlord in his hometown of Atlanta.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lil Kim has always been about her coins. The Queen Bee teamed with North Carolina salon owner and cousin Katrise Jones to expand and franchise Jones’ Salon Se Swa brand to five salons.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. One of the most unexpected business ventures in hip-hop history was Jay Z acquiring partial ownership of the New Jersey Nets, bringing them to play in his hometown of Brooklyn. Iconic!Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Cam'ron has had some of the most innovative businesses in the rap game. He's had everything from his own line of cereal to capes to even owning his own chicken spot in Harlem.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Snoop Dogg has his hands in almost anything you can think of. One of his more unusual side projects is his chain of Snoopermarkets with Overstock.com.Source:Tech Crunch 6 of 10
7. Rick Ross put his money where his mouth is. The MMG Boss has built himself a small empire of Wingstop franchises.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. LL Cool J has been making moves since his career started many years ago. The rapper released a children’s book called "And the Winner Is…. ". It comes with a CD and is part of a Scholastic series called Hip Kid Hop. It's still available on Amazon.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Back in 2008, E-40 invested in Icepiks by E.D.K.O.: A studded toothpick held in the teeth of celebs like Chris Brown and Ja Rule for stylish purposes.Source:Splash 10 of 10
Watch Shia LaBeouf Prove He’s Got Bars On ‘Sway In The Morning’ was originally published on globalgrind.com