Sad news for hip-hop fans and millennials alike.
TMZ reports that WorldStarHipHop founder Lee O’Denat, known as “Q,” has died at just 43 years old. Sources say the popular CEO passed away Monday night in his sleep.
Although it hasn’t been confirmed whether or not the cause of death was a heart attack like one source reported, an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday evening. The Queens, New York native started WorldStarHipHop in 2005 as a platform for mixtapes, however the site evolved to become a hub for music videos and outrageous clips.
In a 2015 article with the New York Times, Q explained his vision for the company, saying, “Hip-hop is for the sex, the drugs, the violence, the beefs, the culture. That’s the competitiveness of Hip Hop, so I felt like the site needed to be R-rated.”
News of Q’s death comes just weeks before the February 3 premiere of Worldstar TV on MTV2.
Rest in peace, Q! You will be missed.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.Source: 1 of 13
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.Source: 2 of 13
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.Source: 3 of 13
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.Source: 4 of 13
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.Source: 5 of 13
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’Source: 6 of 13
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.Source: 7 of 13
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.Source: 8 of 13
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.Source: 9 of 13
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.Source: 10 of 13
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.Source: 11 of 13
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.Source: 12 of 13
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.Source: 13 of 13
<p>Facebook Live Is Loading....</p>