A second witness has testified that he saw rapper Corey “C-Murder” Miller shoot a teen in a suburban New Orleans nightclub in 2002, reports the Associated Press.

Miller is being tried on a second-degree murder charge in the death of 16-year-old Steve Thomas, who was also beaten in the now-closed nightclub. If convicted, Miller, 38, would face life in prison.

Kenneth Jordan, 26, testifying Thursday for the prosecution, said he was standing about 5 to 6 feet from Miller when he saw the rapper pull out a pistol and shoot Thomas after a group of Miller’s friends had beaten and kicked the youth.

After they moved away, C-Murder stood over him and shot him,” Jordan testified, following up with a demonstration in which he moved in and leaned over with his finger cocked like a gun. Jordan made a firing motion and then raised his hand to his shoulder as if lifting a gun.

After he hit him with the gun, they all ran out,” Jordan said, noting that he was right behind them leaving the club. On Wednesday, Darniel Jordan Sr., who worked security at the club, also testified he saw Miller shoot Thomas. The Jordans are not related.

Earlier in the day, Donald Clogher, of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office homicide squad, said he was still questioning people about Thomas’ shooting a year later when Kenneth Jordan was at the police station to talk to detectives about the murder of his infant daughter by the child’s mother.

Kenneth Jordan lived close to the nightclub and his mother and sister were on the list of people who remained in the club after the shooting. Jordan said it was the death of his child that caused him to reveal what he’d seen that night.

On cross examination, Kenneth Jordan said he agreed to testify in Miller’s first trial if prosecutors would not charge him with carnal knowledge of a juvenile, a felony. He was 19 and the mother of his child was 16. He was found guilty in that trial, but the judge overturned the conviction, siding with defense attorneys who said prosecutors improperly withheld criminal background information on three key witnesses.

Kenneth Jordan also acknowledged he had signed an agreement to testify for the prosecution this time in exchange for help with keeping his parole from being revoked. For both the first trial and this one, prosecutors had Jordan arrested and kept in protective custody until he testified. He said he had convictions on his record but that he no longer had any charges hanging over him.

Also On The Urban Daily:
Trending on The Urban Daily