It’s hard to deny Nicki Minaj‘s impact on music, television and just about every other genre of entertainment she has touched with her cooky lyrics and flamboyant persona. 2012 has elevated Nicki’s status in the industry from a female rapper on the come up under Lil Wayne’s wing to a business woman commanding million dollar salaries for such gigs as “American Idol.” It’s been fun watching her grow into an entertainer and even more enjoyable watching her turn around! Shortly put, Nicki has (and is still having) one h*ll of a year! Today is her birthday so what better time to list her 30 greatest moments from 2012 than on the day she turned 30?!
30. Her single “Stupid Hoe” not only wowed fans but was banned from BET. It still managed to break a record on Vevo after it garnered 4.8 million views in 24 hours!
29. Nicki’s Pink Friday lipstick was so popular last year, she re-up’d her contact with Mac for her own Viva Glam rouge in a pretty new shade.
28. Nicki could be found sitting beside the legendary Anna Wintour during Fashion week. Turns out she was securing a fold in Vogue Magazine! It was always her dream to be in the publication. Kudos Nicki!
27. She signed a monstrous deal with Pepsi as the face of their POP ad campaign.
26. She and Madonna formed a very close relationship (wink wink). A photo of the ladies kissing each other on “MDNA” icon’s b-day surfaced on the net.
25. She slipped Nas some tongue in the “Right By My Side” video.
24. Samuel L. Jackson used a pink wig to channel the “Highschool” rapper in the BET Awards promo visuals.
23. She was ushered into the Grammy Awards by the Arch Bishop.
22. Her single “Starships” broke the Billboard record for spending a total of 21 consecutive weeks in the “US Top Ten.”
21. After a not-so-extensive search, she found her girl crush Blac Chyna! Then featured her in her video.
20. She and Foxy Brown shared the same stage during her Pink Friday tour, thus infuriating Lil Kim who was not invited.
19. She revealed her real hair on Twitter, giving fans a glimpse of the natural Nicki Minaj.
18. Her video with “Cassie” served as soft porn to teenage boys.
17. She and Justin Bieber teamed up for “Beauty and a Beat” where she gave the youngster something to brag to his friends about.
16. She illicited a response from President Obama after name dropping Mitt Romney in a freestyle.
15. She pressed Barbra Walters and wasn’t thrown out of the Illuminati!
14. She won two American Music Awards for Best Rap/hip-hop artist and best Rap/hip-hop album.
13. She opened up about her abusive father on an episode of “Nightline.”
12. She embarked on the “Pink Friday” tour
11. She reinvigorated Ciara’s musical career by including her on her Roman Reloaded The Re-Up track “I’m Legit.”
10. She taught “The Breakfast Club” a valuable journalistic lesson for not having her records cued up before she got to the station…
9. She successfully disciplined her Barbs by deleting her Twitter them reactivating it.
8. “American Idol” dished out millions to have Nicki sit on the panel of judges beside Mariah Carey and Randy Jackson.
7. She had her own three series E! Special titled “Nicki Minaj: My Truth”
6. She dropped the female street anthem “Beez In The Trap” which even had Beyonce singing along to it. And unless, we count the mean streets of Houston, Texas as the trap, that’s an accomplishment!
5. The Grammy Award performance that left everyone talking only added steam to the Nicki Minaj train. Even though it was hailed as one of the worst performances of all time (Kanye voice) she bounced back with a hot BET show the next week.
4. Nicki released her sophomore album “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” to mixed reviews and by mixed I mean Barbs and critics. While her following tried to convince the world it was a masterpiece, critics slammed it as 80s pop.
3. Right in time for the holidays, Nicki released her perfume “Pink Friday,” which has a bottle shaped like none other that Nicki herself!
2. She riled up the airwaves during an intense beef over Summer Jam with Hot 97. It spawned a controversial debate about how artists, especially female artists should be treated!
1. She re-release her album “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded “The Re-UP” with eight new tracks including the summer-y anthem “High School.”
Congrats Nicki and Happy Birthday!